“BIG PORTIONS...Be ready for a feast.”

The Original Pierre Maspero's
Ranked #86 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pierre Maspero’s is a local destination for relaxed dining in a historic setting—offering authentic New Orleans cuisine in a comfortable New Orleans landmark property. Watch the crowds go by as you enjoy traditional New Orleans entrées in one of the city’s most historic buildings. Come in for breakfast, linger for lunch or just swing by for a refreshing cocktail. Hearty meals in a historic setting!
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Outside was hot, stepped into the cool and classic looking front room that was full of happy diners and aromas. Cooled down with some iced tea and started with an appetizer of fried green tomatoes with Gulf Shrimp Remoulade. Wife ordered a Shrimp po-boy that was loaded with perfectly lightly breaded Gulf Shrimp, lettuce and sliced tomato. Gratefully, I took the recommendation of Christophe, our waiter and I ordered the Cochon De Lait (roasted pork) sandwich with brown gravy and loaded with lettuce, tomatoes and crisp dill pickles. The french fries were hot and perfectly lightly salted and crisp. So BIG were the sandwiches...alas no room for dessert. Smiling, we thank them all and rolled back out into the Quarter.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We wandered in for lunch. The staff was very happy and warmly welcoming. We ordered a glass of wine and BBQ Shrimp. I'm wishing we could order more! Loved it! They brought extra bread and just couldn't do enough for us. A very hapoy and tasty lunch! Our sincere thanks to them all.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went with family after an afternoon at the French Quarter Festival. Waited about 20 minutes to get in but it was well worth the wait. I had the red beans and rice, my wife had the roast beef poboy, and my cousin had hot ham & cheese. The service was good, the food was served promptly and hot. We all enjoyed our meals. I'd definitely consider eating here again when I return to New Orleans. The atmosphere was/is bustling on our visit and a bit noisy but we still were able to converse easily and we all enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I wanted to sit in an open air restaurant and this fit the bill. We were seated right away because it was early morning, before 9am. The bloody mary was excellent. The service was great. I had the eggs sarnou and they were really good. My boyfriend said the grits were the best he has ever had.
We would go back again.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had lunch here while wandering through the French Quarter. The menu was composed of classic Cajun fare - poboys, gumbo, Etouffees. Everything we had was generous in portion, fresh, and delicious. Our waittress was very knowledgeable and fun. I would highly recommend this for a casual meal with good food.