“Lunch”
Review of Atchafalaya

Atchafalaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Atchafalaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Garden District
Cross street: Laural Street
Transit: Magazine Street and Louisiana Ave, Louisiana Ave and Tchoupitoulas Bus Stops.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Priced a little high but the food was. Good I would go back the service was good and the atmosphere was nice

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Party of 4 for my wife's belated birthday dinner. This was actually our second recent attempt to get in this restaurant (i see now why its so hard to get in). Place has a neighborhood ambiance with a 5 star offering of food and wine. We had cocktails to start before ordering wine ( i recall we ordered a tempranillo). i recall the appetizers were world class french--the free form raviolli and softshell crab were standouts. Mussels required us to order extra bread for dipping. I can tell you without reservation that my entree...the shrimp and grits....(and being a local New Orleans foodie I'm lowering my voice so my friends who own many of the other New Orleans world class restaurants won't hear me say this....looking both ways)----THIS PLACE SERVES THE BEST SHRIMP AND GRITS IN THE @#$%^&* business....... Yes folks..its that good. that was a rare "WOW" experience. restuarant was packed but wasn't so noisy that we couldn't hear ourselves. Make a reservation, and do your best to be prompt. the bartenders konw what they're doing---don't be afraid to ask questions about the wine. Can't wait to go back----

2  Thank Nolarod
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Good, friendly service, knowledgeable waitress, small but interesting menu highlighting fish. We had salmon, grouper and redfish, all were perfectly prepared. We will definitely return next time we're back in NOLA. The only reason we didn't give it 5 stars throughout is that the entrees were brought out too soon so the pace wasn't as leisurely as we would have liked; other than that, it was outstanding.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We enjoyed a vey memorable dinner here on a very busy Saturday evening. Our table was ready as soon as we arrived. The service was perfect. Our waiter was helpful and quite knowledgeable. We had a few specialty cocktails which were very good. Our meals were delicious! We especially liked the fried green tomatoes, the goat cheese salad, and the shrimp and grits. Can't say enough about our experience here. We will definitely recommend to others!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Almost everything about this restaurant is almost great – first the positive: the food (we had scallops, black drum, salad….) was very good, the wine selection was fine, the service was friendly and professional. Now, the areas that need improvement: the downstairs dining room is way too noisy—it’s hard to carry on a conversation; and there was no ice cream the night we were there (really??). In New Orleans, with so many outstanding choices, you have to be more on your game. I’m not sure I’ll be back to Atchafalaya.

1  Thank Pegali