“Very Interesting Place”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #311 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed September 3, 2013

They have Good Food, the Service was good and the atmosphere is very interesting. We thoroughly enjoyed it and have recommended to friends.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was my second visit to Bubba Gump. Everything about the place says "franchise", so don't expect anything unique or memorable. The food and service are OK, but there is nothing that really stands out about the place either. Might be worth trying once, but there are a lot better restaurants available in the French Quarter.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Really nice staff, real characters, especially the black gay. The restaurant has a few original items from Forrest Gump, including the white suit that he was wearing at the bus stop with his box of chocolates. Plenty of atmosphere with Forrest Gumpy stuff all over the place. Food was good, of course the shrimps and seafood were very good. Not a bad price and close to the steamboat and the French Quarter. There are balloons and souvenir cups for the kids.

1  Thank Pedroofpobla
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were in the area and decided to stop at Bubba Gump for dinner. Gumbo and seafood were fresh and tasty! We had a lovely dinner and enjoyed it throughly.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were in NOLO for Memorial Day wknd. I used tripadvisor to plan our trip and I kept my husband and I very busy eating, looking and enjoying.
I had added Buubba Shrimp to my trip list but came across it as we were walking along the French quarter . We got there a little early . They had just opened or were about to open. The staff was very nice, sat us down and let us know we were the first customers. The waitress was very very nice and gave us a menu and told us how the restaurant works. There was a flip sign on the table that you flip when you need something and any on the waitstaff will come to help you. I love that idea. I hate it when I'm at a restaurant and your server is nowhere in sight and you are making that help me face or forced to ask another waitress/ waiter for help. Also my husband is a whistler, snap the finger guy I think that is rude. So the flip chart was very very cool great idea. I don't remember what it said but it was a cool chart. Maybe it said stop and go.
Anyway the food was good, actually seems to be the same as all the other restaurants when I came to fried seafood.
My husband ordered the fried seafood platter, I can't remember what I got, but the food was good, nothing to brag about but not bad either. It seemed tome all the restaurants used the same seasoning.. The service was excellent. I wanted to take the waitress home, she was so nice.mThe atmosphere was fun and full of pictures and props that remind you of the Tom Hanks movie Forrest Gump. The restaurant was cute with the Forrest. Gump theme, the staff was excellent and the food good. We are planning to go back to NOLO with the kids next year,

Been to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.? Share your experiences!