“Nice find for Oysters”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Girod
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We were not very hungry so we were looking to find an oyster bar in the CBD. Saw this place in the where magazine and decided to give it a try. It is located in the Renaissance Arts Hotel which seems very nice. the restaurant is very modern and has a very nice bar to eat Oysters. They had great oysters and we did not have to fight the crowds at Acme or Felix. The price was also reasonable. The service was quick and staff very nice. I will come here again to eat oysters. I can't say anything about the other menu items but can give the Raw bar a two thumbs up.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I work nearby and visit for lunch sometimes. I usually get the bbq shrimp. They are served over stone ground grits. Very yummy! Each time I go, the chef sends a little sample out to taste. Always a nice touch. The servers are always nice and friendly. The complimentary bread with homemade hummus is another great treat.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Had lunch, it was superb. Connected to Renaissance Arts Hotel, don't skip it simply because it's in the hotel; a meal here is well worth it!!!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Nothing special but in the hotel. Good service. Menu selections better than buffet.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

This restaurant is located within the Renaissance Arts Hotel which is in the warehouse district of New Orleans. So while it's accessible on it's own, it doubles as the hotel restaurant.

I had a little extra time for breakfast and decided to stop at La Cote. I had the sourdough vanilla french toast, which was very tasty and somehow was as light an airy as a souflee -- I don't know how they did it, but it was fantastic.

I met a colleague there later for lunch and tried the french onion soup. It was served with a basic of breads, including a blue cheese roll, wheat, etc. Overall was also excellent.

Usually when I travel I try to avoid hotel restaurants, but not this one -- it's a keeper!