“Mediocre”

Neighborhood: French Quarter
BurghGirl71
“Mediocre”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We had a "cheap" dinner here before a show on the recommendation of our local walking your guide. However, the Warm Spinach salad was good-fresh spinach and apple, dried cranberries, pecans and blue cheese. It's kind of hard to find a good salad or fresh veggies and fruit in the FQ. It is expensive and sometimes just not on the menu. This was a good choice, but the place just didn't seem clean.

The gumbo wasn't very warm and was just ok. Even the Coke I had seemed diluted and was served in a small glass with lots of ice so one can't be enough. DH had a crawfish po'boy which he described with a *shrug.* The bread pudding was at very best mediocre and had been warmed up in the microwave cause it had searing spots and mushy cool spots. The sauce was tasteless. The "blackberry" part of the sauce was really just 2 berries thrown on top. Meh.

They use plastic plates and I noticed that my salad plate didn't seem like it been cleaned very well with what appeared to be greasy marks (noticed this after eating most of it.)

I do not recommend.

Chicago, IL
“Yummmmmm!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Came and dined alfresco for breakfast, loved it! Had Ham Breakfast Sandwich on homemade biscuit and the Chicken n Biscuit. The Chicken was unbelievable. Would come back and have it again, no doubt! Fun little restaurant with really good food and quick, courteous service.

• Visited December 2012
“Yummo!!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We all had the shrimp and grits for breakfast...soooo goood and fresh. The service was superb and the outdoor seating was an excellent choice for our large party. All I can say this little cafe is a must eat!!!!:-P

Toronto
“Great little cafe”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Lots of construction right now on this part of Conti Street so you might miss this place if you're not careful. My husband and I enjoyed our meal so much we returned the night before we left for the same meal - hamburger for him and spinach salad for me. One of the tastiest spinach salads I've ever had. Friendly attentive service and reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2012
Upstate N.Y.
“How do you screw up a chunk of lettuce?”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Leaving it out until the edges of the wedge turn brown is a good start. Covering it with a cheap blue cheeze dressing from a jar, sprinkle a few bacon bits over it, serve it 45 minutes after the order is an ignoble finish.
And then there was the "mac and cheeze". This was a wobbly bowl of spaghetti with some kind of milky flavorless substance mixed in and topped with something that had all the flavor and appearance of a melted orange plastic toy.
Hurricanes. It was suggested we try them while in New Orleans. So we did. I don't know if there was any alcohol in these drinks we were served. They were sickeningly sweet concoctions which only served to wash down the couple bites of mac and lettuce we sadly consumed.
So many great restaurants in New Orleans. This was one of the worst dining, and I use the term reluctantly, experiences I have had.

• Visited November 2012