“Good food, good prices”

Neighborhood: French Quarter
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good food, good prices”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had the fried shrimp and it was great. They have daily specials and the prices are reasonable. Don't forget to ask for a hot chocolate with baileys (if over 21), very yummy.

Visited November 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“EXCELLENT PO BOYS”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Potluck (Debris) wonderful and huge! Have shrimp burger which others in party raved about. Have soft shell po boy too! Breakfasts are supposed to be incredible - too crowded - we didn't wait. Coffee needs help but did warm me up.

Visited November 2012
Northwest Arkansas
“Very, Very Good - But I can't say excellent.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Something Else is very, very good - I just think I expected a little more. Service was outstanding. The others in my party loved their entrees. Mine was good but I should have gotten something other than a salad. It was a little on the boring side. Get a burger or something more creative. Worth the trip if you want a good meal without the tourist schtick.

• Visited October 2012
Denver, CO
“Great spot, great food!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Somethin' Else Cafe for our last meal in New Orleans just over a week ago. We were there for lunch. We had spotted the restaurant because one of the sides of the building is the narrow Exchange Place street/alley (which we thought was great and away from noise) where they had tables outside with umbrellas. I really wanted to eat outside for lunch so we looked at the menu and we decided to eat there. We also looked at the Green Goddess further down Exchange Place but chose this restaurant.

Our waiter was definitely unique but very good at what he does. When he came to talk to us and greet us he asked what we wanted to drink and suggested the Hurricane as they make it with real juices there and is apparently really good compare to other restaurants. He looked at the table next to us where the woman at the table had ordered a Hurricane and was sipping and it he asked her if it was good and she said that it was really good. He said he would bring me a sample to try and he did. I tried it, liked it and ordered it.

When it came time to choose what to eat he did have suggestions. I decided to go with what he recommended - the shrimp burger. Again he asked a table not too far from us where several people had ordered the shrimp burger to let him know how it was and they all said it was good. So I ordered it and enjoyed it as well. I had never had a shrimp burger. My husband had seafgood gumbo I believe and he liked his dish too.

It was definitely an experience to eat there! The waiter was prompt and helpful and we enjoyed the outside seating under the umbrella.

The prices are reasonable. We would definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012
“Great food, appalling service.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The food here is a knockout, and I'd expect nothing less from a French Quarter cafe. We went for dinner one night and breakfast the following morning. On both visits, with two different servers, the service was absolutely abysmal. Neither waitress bothered to check on us, we had to ask for water no less than 3 times, 3 separate dishes had to be sent back because the waitress took the order wrong, and one dish was cold. When I asked the waitress to take care of it, she got an attitude and told me the dish had just come up and should be warm. The restaurant didn't offer any kind of compensation for our unpleasant experience. I'd recommend the food to go.