“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Antoine's

Antoine's
Reserve with OpenTable
Antoine's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Royal Street
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

My party of 2 called for a reservation for the same day. The host had us a table ready when we got there. The food was ah-mazing and the service was better than I had expected based on the reviews. After dinner, our server gave us a tour of the place and showed us all of the special party and meeting rooms. I will be back!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Delightful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We started with crabmeat ravigote and shrimp remoulade - you can't go wrong with these at Antoine's. The potatoes souffle were piping hot and delicious. My trout amandine was sinful. We finished with cherries jubilee served tableside - amazing preparation and wonderful dessert. Finally they did a show-stopper presentation of cafe brulot. I just wish I could get these dishes at any restaurants where we live - I guess I'll just have to return to New Orleans. What a wonderful evening.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank librarian73
United States
“Past Its prime”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I generally follow the rule stating, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
However in the case of Antoine's I feel I need to make an exception. My children and I were in New Orleans recently and decided to dine at Antoine's because of its historical significance-what a mistake!! The food was awful. We would have been better off eating at someplace along the lines of Applebee's. My daughter is vegan so she ordered the salad that comes with asparagus. The only piece of asparagus we could locate on the plate was one half inch piece of the stalk. She then ordered a plate of steamed vegetables for her entree. She got two stalks of broccoli. My son ordered the rib eye which was a low quality piece of fatty meat. I ordered the chicken which came swimming in oil. Eat time I cut a piece of meat, I had to shake off the grease before eating it. What a shame. We should have gotten a hint at how bad the place was because it was nearly empty. There were only two other occupied tables while we were there.Many of the wait staff were just standing around chatting with each other. Drastic changes nee to be made at this restaurant. It isn't enough to say you are the oldest family owned business in New Orleans. You have to back it up with quality food. Anyone looking for a really good restaurant in New Orleans should go to Mr. B's Bistro on Royal Street right across the street from the Hotel Monteleone.You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank lovestotravel709
Wisconsin
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Excellent service, food, atmosphere! Best meal we had in New Orleans! Try to get Charlie as your waiter and ask for his private tour-you'll see every one of the dining rooms, the wine cellar, and learn the history of the family and restaurant. The escargot has flavors that you have to experience, the steak and beef tips cut with your butter knife, and I could eat the gumbo everyday.

New York City, New York
“Antoine's is a Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had our best meal in New Orleans at Antoine's $20.12 lunch special, complete with $.25 martinis. The food was delicious (broiled oysters, salad, chicken and trout) plus the service was impeccable. We had an excellent server, Keyes, who was a consummate professional and a true gentleman. He was also kind enough to take us on a very thorough tour of the building after our meal, in honor of my husband's birthday. We will be sure to visit Antoine's every time we are in town.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jocelin E

Been to Antoine's? Share your experiences!