TripAdvisor

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Royal Street
Description: The dress code is business casual— Collared shirts are required for gentlemen, jackets preferred but not required, no flip-flops, t-shirts, or athletic shorts are permitted. The dress code will be enforced at the manager's discretion.
Reviewed October 10, 2011

A friend and I had a wonderful Sunday brunch here recently. The jazz trio was great though low-key enough for the quiet brunch atmosphere. I had the alligator bisque, which was fantastic, tasty cafe au lait and a couple of mimosas. For my main course, I had a perfectly-good-but-nothing-special crab omelet which came with really delicious asparagus, sort of tempura'd. Highly recommend for a classy brunch experience.

Date of visit: October 2011
1  Thank RagtopRedhead
Write a reviewReviews (3,251)

Reviewed October 9, 2011

The concierge at the Royal Sonesta, Jodi, recommended this wonderfulld classic restaurant. and her favorite dishes - Oysters Rockerfeller, Oysters a la Foch, Crayfish Cardinale, Shrimp Remoulade, Crabmeat ravigotte, Trout Menuire and Baked Alaska.
Superb!!!

Date of visit: July 2011
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stopped in this little shop on Royal St in the French Quarter of New Orleans because we were hot and tired and just wanted to rest. We decided to have a cold treat and chose a Gelatto called "Zuppa Inglese". To me, it tasted like butter rum, but my husband insists it was egg nog flavored. The store proprietors were also split (GM said butter rum, employee said egg nog). Either way, it was absolutely delicious. We went out of our way to stop again the next day for more.
When you're strolling down Royal St., stop at Antoines for some refreshing Gelatto (or other goodies). If you try the Zuppa Inglese, post your opinion of the flavor. Is it Butter Rum or is it Egg Nog ???

Date of visit: September 2011
Reviewed October 1, 2011

With so many dining options in New Orleans, it's hard to eat at the same restaurant twice. My Dad took me to Antoine's more than 20 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. Fast forward to Sept. 2011, my wife and I had the proverbial "one-night-in-New Orleans-where-do-we-eat?" dilemma. I decided to go "classic" and visit Antoine's since we were staying in the Quarter. SO glad we did! I'll have to say, the decision was enhanced by flyers in their window promoting a three course meal "special" ($35+drinks, etc.). The special offered either a shrimp salad or alligator soup (both were excellent). The entree was choice of steak or Louisiana trout. We chose the trout which was prepared using the best fillet "chunks" of the trout in a shrimp/oyster/mushroom sauce. It's always amazing to me how chefs can consistently prepare a meal that's perfectly balanced with seasonings, sauce consistency, etc. We ordered a side of their famous souffled potatoes. If you haven't had them, I won't spoil the surprise...just order them. Dessert was either a chocolate sundae or bread pudding. The bread pudding was classic...perfect consistency of the soaked French bread (the main ingredient) plus a sauce of pan-caramalized sugar and butter that reminds you of home cooking. The wait staff was a perfect blend of traditional service and friendliness. I guess to jump on the "celeb chef" craze, they now offer a "Chef signed menu" to guests which is actually a cool souvenir. Just for reference, our check was around $100 including meal, two glasses of wine, taxes and tip. I won't wait another 20 years to revisit this memory!

Date of visit: September 2011
1  Thank TNTerry
Reviewed September 28, 2011

good service, amazing gumbo, and i think the have the best bread i've ever had, sounds strange to write about a bread but you have to try it to understand me.

Date of visit: July 2011
1  Thank Travlads

Been to Antoine's? Share your experiences!