“New meaning to HOT”
Review of SukhoThai

SukhoThai
Reserve with OpenTable
SukhoThai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #306 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: SukhoThai takes great pride in our authentic and diverse Thai menu, offering a full range of Thai cuisine, and designated as a Thai Select Premium restaurant by the Royal Thai Government for quality Thai cuisine. SukhoThai is known for our Chef's Recommendations list, full Vegan and Noodles menus. The heart of our menu is our Seafood, Wok, Curry, and Grill dishes. We offer a full bar with a fine selection of specialty Thai cocktails, Asian beers and Sakes, and many wines to choose from. We have had the privilege and honor of winning the following awards: 2014 Trip Advisor: #1 Thai Restaurant 2014 Zagat: Top 16 Best Buys - New Orleans 2013 Trip Advisor: Top Ten Vegetarian 2013 Trip Advisor: Top Two Asian & Thai 2013 USA Today 10 Best: Top Ten Best Asian & Thai Restaurants 2013 Zagat: Top Thai Cuisine 2012 Zagat: Top Thai Cuisine
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We used our groupon/living social coupons that were expired & had a feast. The sampler appetizer was so clean tasting & each item distinctly unique. We had the curry Mahi special & although surprised it was like a soup, we were not disappointed with the taste. Also had the chicken with noodles which was incredible. A word of caution: 2 on the hot scale is more like 3.5 in real life.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very good Thai food, reasonably priced. They will make your food as hot or mild as you wish. Good selection of teas to complement your meal. Friendly and helpful staff. Come here for the food, not the atmosphere.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food was wonderful and the prices were decent. They don't mess around with heat - when they say hot they mean it. Delicious rolls, pad thai and fried rice. A really decent meal when you need a break from Cajun & Creole.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate here for the first time recently and will go back. The service was good and the Thai food was excellent. I had a Thai shrimp salad and an appetizer that was shrimp wrapped in a pastry shell. Both were very good.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was just hanging out near the French Quarter when I spotted Sukho Thai and decided to stop in to eat. I was a bit dubious to go in as it was quite empty but I love Thai food so much I decided to take a chance.

Suhko Thai is a nice little, mellow and homey restaurant. There is a lot more they could do with the decor, but it was comfortable. They have a counter at the front of the restaurant for takeout orders. Several people came in to pick up orders so that might explain why the restaurant was so empty; most people order to go.

There was only 2-3 tables dining at the time, but with just one waitress, service was attentive (I had my water glass readily refilled). She was also personable. Like all other Thai restaurants, you order your food based on the spice scale and because of my addiction to spicy foods, I always order Thai hot. She warned us about the hotness and explained even she couldn't even handle it (I ordered it anyways), but it was nice she let us know. It was also nice to have someone who was smiling and appeared to be happy.

I was craving noodles and got my standard, Chicken Pad Thai. It was HOT but was perfect for me. I know a lot of people couldn't handle that kind of heat so do know that their scale is pretty accurate and medium (3 stars) would probably be hot for most much less Thai hot. The noodles were cooked perfectly. There was a good amount of chicken, bean sprouts, peanuts and the right level of sweetness.

We also ordered the Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice. The rice was soft and pillowy and packed with lots of ingredients and flavor!

Everything we ordered was delicious so I am looking forward to coming back to try other items on their menu. Also, they have a location on Magazine St that may be worth a try.