“Satisfying dinner”
Review of Dante's Kitchen

Dante's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Dante's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Cross street: Leake Avenue
Transit: 2 Blocks from the St. Charles streetcar line where it meets Carrollton. Get off at the very next stop (at Maple Street & Carrollton) and walk two blocks down Maple Street towards the river until it intersects with Dante Street. We are at the end of the street where Dante meets Leake Avenue.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Wonderful established restaurant in the riverbend area of New Orleans. Both the appetizer and small plate portions are very generous. Our table tried the shrimp with grits, cheese board, mussels, escargot with marrow bones and the special charcuterie. All were successful. Although it was noted the grits could have used more of the tasty redeye gravy.The mussels were unusual in that instead of the usual wine broth, this was a spicy curry broth: simply delicious. Of special note the apples and fruit cake on the cheese board. Yes, fruit cake! It was stellar. The offbeat pairing of escargot and marrow bones was also deemed excellent. Entrees were trio of steaks, chicken roasted under a brick, and redfish with crab and citrus salad. The steak was rated as just ordinary,good but nothing over the top. We hardly ever order chicken out but this preparation is not the average chicken. Tender,juicy and so flavorfull. The redfish was the best redfish dish I have ever had in New Orleans. The salad on top somehow lightened the dish and added to what was already a perfect fish. At this point we were so full we kept dessert light, a trio of fruity sorbets. Perfect finish to a truly delicious meal. Service matched the meal.

1  Thank rapjkp

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I just finished up brunch at Dante's and it was absolutely delicious. The place really makes fantastic food. The homemade bread with butter and jam appetizer is wonderful. I had their breakfast burrito which was good, but my lady friend had their pimento cheese 'special' .. Basically served like Eggs Benedict. I can't even put into words how yummy it was. One of the finer brunch dishes I've had ever. Two big thumbs up. My only complaint would be for three dollars I should get a big boy sized glass of their wonderful orange juice. I will be back.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Excellent meal. Simple high end ingredients expertly prepared. Sure to please the gourmet without feeling guilty. Sublime.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were staying in the French Quarter so took a taxi there and back but it was worthwhile. The service was impeccable, the bartender had some interesting cocktails and the food was delicious. I recommend starting by sharing the charcuterie which is much more interesting and innovative than I've had elsewhere, you definitely need to book ahead.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Dante's Kitchen never fails to please. It serves my favorite brunch in NOLA. The salmon with poached eggs was simply spectacular. I will return!