“A little gem hidden away”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dante's Kitchen

Dante's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Dante's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Cross street: Leake Avenue
Transit: 2 Blocks from the St. Charles streetcar line where it meets Carrollton. Get off at the very next stop (at Maple Street & Carrollton) and walk two blocks down Maple Street towards the river until it intersects with Dante Street. We are at the end of the street where Dante meets Leake Avenue.
Orlando, Florida
“A little gem hidden away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My daughter took me to this restaurant while visiting N O.....she had been there several times.
we were in N O four days and ate at the most recommended restaurants in the city including Galatoire and R'evolution.......the food here is by far my favorite, very creative, delicious, fresh, healthy choices. I had the arugula salad, one salumi appetizer, the squash side dish and the sweet potato side dish....all exceptional..... my daughter had one of the fish dishes and IT was exceptional......

• Visited November 2012

Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
“A new twist on old favorites in the Garden District”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

It's out of the way at the end of the street car line on St. Charles and they offer imaginative variations on the classics. I had Eggs Benedict on a biscuit, with Rosemary Pork Loin and maple Hollandaise. My 4 dining companions all enjoyed fresh brunch alternatives. This is a great find.

• Visited October 2012
“Delicious Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is perfect if you want to experience a little of New Orleans outside the French Quarter. My friends and I went for brunch and it was possibly the best meal we had all weekend. Try the shrimp and grits or the BLT&E (a blt sandwich made w pork belly and eggs)--you will not be disappointed. It's two days later now, and I woke up wishing I had a plate of the shrimp and grits before I started my commute this morning. This place doesn't take reservations so be prepared to wait, it's not such a bad thing, the neighborhood is nice. The only thing we weren't really thrilled with were the bloody marys, really not a big deal, but no one in my party liked them--they were a little sweet, smoky, and had a lot of cracked peppercorns in the mix (not so much fun to crunch on when drinking a cocktail), if you're up to it try the brandy punch instead.

Visited October 2012
Port of Spain, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
“a dinner worth going out of the tourist path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We attempted a dinner at Dante's one night without booking, but were informed we could only get the table in an hour.
But the reviews were raving about this place, so we came back - and with much bigger group (which grew almost twice the size since my initial booking, but the restaurant staff were very accommodating and understanding). So we occupied the entire back room with 2 long tables of 6-7 people and ordered almost everything from the menu to sample and share.

Scallops from the starters is a must, so is chicken under the brick. Dragon Beans was something none of us ever tried before but we were unanimously blown away. all meats from main were very decent. The only disappointment were the 4-way Panchetta.. it was just a very sad plate with 3 slices of parma ham. I didn't get it. But we had so much on the table that it sort of passed unnoticed :)

Alcohol-wise, try some of the infused gins, they are delicious. Cocktails are nice but I personally don't find them 'alcoholic' enough for 10 bucks. but that's just me :)

Oh, and the complimentary bread cake thing they bring at the beginning... is something else!..:)

• Visited October 2012
New Orleans
“All-around great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Food was excellent! The sweet breads for an appetizer melt in your mouth! I had the chicken under the brick was sooo good I ate the whole thing :) Our waiter was very friendly and attentive as well. I wish I could remember his name. Great for special occasions. Will definetely return.

• Visited August 2012