“Not the best burgers....”
Review of Lakeview Harbor

Lakeview Harbor
Ranked #1,389 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Not the best burgers....”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

But not the worst either. Food is solidly good, but not excellentl Service if friendly and casual. Good for families.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank foodgirl13

“Don't Do It”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

While the menu has lots of variety...but the service is god awful...don't do it if you don't have too! It took forever for the host to acknowledge our presence and once we were finally seated it took forever for a server to come over to ask for drink choices...once we did that we ordered an appetizers and entrees. After 20 minutes, we still didnt have our appetizers...our waitress came over and she said would check the kitchen for our food and after being gone for five minutes, she then said we never ordered appetizers....once we finally got our entrees...it definitely was not worth the wait...our food was cold despite our waitress saying that the reason it took so long for our food to come was because we had to wait for the chicken to be grilled....overall i have no intentions of going back.

• Visited June 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Not good food, not good service, the restrooms were filthy, the food was undercooked, we asked for well done, it came back red in the middle.....the prices were obscene......avoid at all costs.....totally not worth the time or effort.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank artvandolay
TX
““Captains log, Lakeshore Harbor ahead””
Reviewed May 4, 2011

On the advice of my daily lunch group we navigated our way to the harbor (Lakeview Harbor restaurant to be exact). Our journey (remember this word) started at 12:15 on Wednesday. The restaurant is small (around ten tables or so) and the tables full so we headed to the bar. We are greeted immediately and offered a drink (in retrospect I should have gotten something strong, had I known about the rough seas ahead). I asked the bartender to recommend something and quickly she replied “Our cheese burgers are very good” (which is exactly what brought us to this port in the first place). So, off you go cheese burgers for the lot of us. Having successfully navigated this new port of call we felt excited about our decision and anxiously awaited our reward. Anxiously waited… waited… waited. After some time at sea we noticed land in the distance. Finally our patients have paid off and the reward for such patients is certainly a mouth watering cheese burger of which the natives speak. That is if the natives are cannibals. Now the seas are turning rough and the decision to head for familiar waters draws near. Would we have the courage to stay the course and forge on? Return this RAW burger to the galley I instructed the bar keep. Return this offering when it’s to my liking (medium to medium-well will do). Now the dark clouds are looming and the sea is rough, but I forge on. With little time passing my burger is returned. I eagerly bite into what will certainly be a LONG awaited reward, WRONG (Raw again). Well now we are at the point of no return, like so many that have gone before me I must choose to return to port weakened , undernourished and completely exhausted from my journey.

I plan to choose a different path for my future navigations. My captains log now simply reads, Avoid the Lakeshore Harbor Restaurant, it’s a disappointing journey.

• Visited May 2011
McComb, Mississippi
“As good as a hamburger can be”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

These folks have opened another "Harbor" on St. Peters Street in the French Quarter. We had planned to walk " all the way down to Esplanade" to eat a burger at Port o Call. However, a local recommended we try this place instead. Not only did we save a long walk, we got a better burger. My wife had a grilled shrimp salad that she loved. You need to try this place. It's across the street from Jax Brewery, toward Canal Street a couple of blocks.