“Good but not Great”

Pascal's Manale Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pascal's Manale Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,989 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Transit: You may hop on the St. Charles Avenue streetcar to Napoleon -- it's a few blocks away (stop #24 three blocks south of restaurant).
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had high expections. I order the stuffed shrimp and also had a taste of their signature dish, BBQ Shrimp. Both were good, but I was not wowed by the overall flavor of the food. For the money I expected a bit more. I loved the ambiance of the place, you know this is an old school New Orleans establishment and it fit that bill, I just expected more flavor.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here on our recent trip to NOLA. We went early so the dining room was almost empty. He had the filet topped with crab and bernaise sauce and I had the BBQ shrimp. Both were delicious (we shared). Service was excellent. I would highly recommend visiting if you are in New Orleans.

1  Thank OregonDallice
Reviewed March 25, 2014

BBQ Shrimp is still just as incredible as ever. I think the best part is dipping the warm, crusty bread in the sauce. That taste is just unreal. Such a warm neighborhood atmosphere. Love having oysters and a drink in the bar beforehand. I hadn't been here in a few years so I was surprised by the remodeling, which I'm sure was required after Katrina. Some of the charm and character of the place is gone and its slightly more fancy than before but the food still tastes unbelievable.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

such an old school and yummy place. the oyster bar is the freshest ever and the bartender is great. everything we ate was awesome.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had heard of this place for years but never tried it. We ate lunch on a recent trip and were a little disappointed. The BBQ shrimp was outstanding, but our pastas, salads and appetizers were average. The service wasn't the best. Having said this, we will try it again sometime.