“Old New Orleans restaurant passed its prime”

Pascal's Manale Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pascal's Manale Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Transit: You may hop on the St. Charles Avenue streetcar to Napoleon -- it's a few blocks away (stop #24 three blocks south of restaurant).
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Old New Orleans restaurant passed its prime”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I ate there with friends for dinner. Some positives: great atmosphere, good service, and easy to park. The negatives: the food is just okay but expensive. I was surprised that my dinner of scallops and crab lacked flavor. My dining companions felt the same. One of my friends had the BBQ shrimp; it was drenched in butter, but without flavor. Another friend had the turtle soup, and had the same opinion. The heavy cream sauce gave me indigestion for a day after eating. Given that these dishes are at least $15 and sometimes more, the dinner was a disappointment. All in all, I wanted to like the restaurant very much. But I can't recommend it.

• Visited August 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

You must go here and get the BBQ Shrimp!! They aren't true BBQ...they are boiled in beer and butter~~~OMG Delicious!! Great staff~~ go early for the happy hour and have oysters at the Oyster Bar at .50 each!! Wow they are delicious!!! A must do in Nawlins'

Visited August 2013
1 Thank glennjam
Corinth, Texas
“YUM YUM YUM”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fantastic BBQ shrimp was large, juicy & wonderfully messy. Recommend wearing the paper bib! The hard bread left little to desire but once dipped in the shrimps sauce was mouth watering. Also had the Grilled Fish Orleans (Grilled fish topped with shrimp, artichoke hearts & mushrooms, served with pasta) which my friend favored over the shrimp. The turtle soup was just OK. I can cross it off the bucket list. We didn't have reservations for a Friday night but we were seated immediately. Service was ok, nothing to brag about. Would recommend & will go back to when I'm in New Orleans.

• Visited August 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Now I know why we waited so long to eat here...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We've lived in Nola for 3 years now and we'd heard it's a tourist trap but wanted to give it a try since it's been around for so long. We made a 9pm reservation on a Saturday night. They were still pretty busy at that hour but got us seated in a back corner. Our server was not at all interested in us. He was obviously just doing his job and put no effort into it. We ordered salads, turtle soup, bienville oysters as appetizers and they were all pretty decent. For entrees we had chicken bordelaise (just awful) and 3 different veal dishes (all just ok). For dessert we had bread pudding, custard, pecan pie and it was obvious they were not fresh. Will not return and will not recommend to locals or visitors.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Lunch time treat!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Ok I am about to share my secret lunch treat in New Orleans...bbq shrimp sandwich. It is spicy wonderful goodness and the best in town.

Visited July 2013