“If it was my last dollar!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Reginelli's Pizzeria
Ranked #705 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lakeview
New Orleans, Louisiana
“If it was my last dollar!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I would have been very upset if it was my last dollar but since it wasn't I was just mad. I had a delivery order of the shrimp forrest and the flavor would have been marvelous if it wasn't half burned with teeth breaking hard burnt pieces of prociuuto if I spelled that right. I don't know if it was the location though cause I had the DREAM STATE sandwich and loved it from the french quarter location.

• Visited January 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
“One Of My Favorite Pizzas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

I've been eating at Reginelli's since they had their original location on State Street. It was a favorite since my classes were nearby. I have since moved out of the city, but everytime I visit, making a stop at Reginellis is a must. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've eaten here and I have never received poor service or poor quality food.

My favorite pizza is the Shrimp Pesto Pizza: shrimp, roasted red peppers, calamata olives, red onions and feta cheese. I usually add spinach. Another favorite is the Sun Pie: roasted red peppers, portabella mushrooms and goat cheese. The cheese tortellini is very good, so are their salads. The Downtowner Sandwich is a favorite: turkey, prosciutoo, hard salami, cheese and olive pesto. Mufulettas are pretty good too, served on a toasted focaccia bread.

Their special pizzas cost about $16-$17 for a large. Sandwiches are about $7-$8. Yes they also have more traditional toppings but I prefer to stick to their specialized pizzas. I could keep on about their menu, as I've pretty much have tried it all. I posted a couple of pictures from my last visit yesterday afternoon.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“$$ Above average pizza.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2009

$$ Above average pizza.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New Orleans, LA
“Not so great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

This is one of those places a lot of people go, but when I finally went I kept asking, "Why?" Went to the one closest to the Buffalo Exchange thrift store on Magazine Street. So many children it felt like a daycare center. Staff was somewhat cold, not very friendly. Had to get server's attention to refresh beers. Sandwich was lackluster. Tomato basil soup was the best thing and it was just a little above average. Overall, I would describe the entire experience as bland...the service, food, ambience. There are much better places to grab a bite in the area.

California
“awesome sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2008

One of the best sandwiches I've had anywhere. If Reginelli's were closer to downtown/F.Q. we would have eaten there several times during our week-long visit.

Highly recommended.