“Great breakfast!”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This spot was recommended to me by a friend for breakfast or brunch and it was definitely worth the walk in the rain from our CBD hotel to catch the St. Charles streetcar at Lee Circle. The portions are good sized for a fair price and the excellent coffee keeps coming. My friend had the build your own breakfast omelete w/ biscuit and grits and I had the Eggs Benicio, their take on Eggs Benedict. The eggs and Hollandaise were cooked perfectly and served over pulled pork debris and jalapeno corn cakes. The corn cakes were firm and very tasty with just the right amount of heat. The pork had a great flavor and wasn't over cooked; but I thought it would have been a bit more moist since it was called debris. All in all I was very pleased. NOTE: They are closed on Wednesday's. We just got lucky today because they were closed yesterday for Mardi Gras so they opened today.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Hit this spot for breakfast while in town for Mardi gras. It's a favorite breakfast place of our friends who are Nola locals. Waitstaff was friendly and entertaining. Food was great but a bit pricier than I usually like to spend on breakfast. We were able to bring in out own bottle of vodka and had some bloody Mary's with breakfast. Would love to go back and try the lunch menu sometime.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Go early to avoid lines (although they move fairly fast). Great choice served with a smile (& a tablecloth)!! Have had all the menu items over the years and never been dissapointed. Hash browns are great, sliced thin much like a potatoe chip. Good vibe and makes a change from the hustle bustle diner like breakfast spots.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had a simple dish, 2 eggs over easy with a biscuit, and the eggs were AMAZING. My son had the bagel with smoked salmon and loved it so much he ordered a second one. The only complaint I have is that the selection of tea is very limited (black or green) and it was clearly made in the microwave (filmy and not hot). Otherwise, the food was great and the servers were very cool too.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I ate here this morning (Saturday) and only waited 5-10 minutes. I had the French Toast, you can add several toppings. I had bananas, blue blueberries and pecans, with maple syrup. Delicious!!! My husband had the Jalapeño corn cakes with shredded pork, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. He loved it. Portions were a good size. Not too pricey either. This is a hidden gem, don't miss it.