“Was sadly disappionted”

Galatoire's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Galatoire's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Iberville
Alabama
“Was sadly disappionted”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I have been dining at Galatoire's for years, every time we visit New Orleans and we have so enjoyed their food. Sadly it was not true for this dining experience. Three friends and I chose to have dinner here, it was such a let down compared to my years of previous experience. One of my friends and I ordered the Crab Maison for appetizer, neither of ours was good. The person who ordered turtle soup was pleased with it as was the one who ordered gumbo. I ordered the crabmeat Yvonne and it was not good, so heavy with mushrooms the crab flavor couldn't sneak through, the stuffed eggplant ordered by another friend was not good, she picked at it and gave up, The crab ordered by another friend had so much cheese it overpowered the crab. Out of the 4 of us the person who ordered fish was the only one satisfied with her meal. I don't know what has happened to this restaurant but it just is not the same and that is so disappointing. My husband and I had planned to go for lunch that Friday but decided to go elsewhere due to my dinner experience. The service was okay but the food just was so not up to par. Reservations are accepted upstairs. Downstairs dining room has more character.

• Visited November 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Old NOLA”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If this is your first time eating here, I suggest you ask your waiter to guide you through the encyclopedic menu. Skip the trout amandine and go for something more adventurous. The salads are superb. Especially on a Friday night, you do feel like you are in a private club dining room... but not a club you belong to.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Harold O
Wilmington, Delaware
“VERY Disappointing!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My boyfriend was SO excited to take me to one of his favorite restaurants in New Orleans. Well, it certainly didn't turn out to be my favorite. I ordered a veal chop. When it came, it "looked" and smelled yummy. When I sliced into it, the whole thing was nothing but fat. It was disgusting. When I was finally able to get our server's attention, which was several minutes later, she offered another selection and a glass of wine for my trouble. I ordered the filet, which was good when it finally arrived--about 20 minutes after my boyfriend finished his meal, and we had finished our sides. I won't be going back.

• Visited October 2013
PA
“here for a private party”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were here for a private party on the floor with the balcony. It was nice that we could stand outside but the air conditioning couldn't keep up with the balcony door being open and it was very warm. The location wasn't really ideal for such an upscale restaurant-right on Bourbon Street next to some nudie bar. We had our choice of two meals-chicken or fish and desert banana foster bread pudding or choclate mousse. No one at my table had the chicken and the red fish was very tasty. The bread pudding was fantastic. It was so good-prob the best I had all weekend. It was the price of the drinks that floored me! $17 for one glass of wine-and more for a sazerac. The alcohol was way overpriced. (cash bar). Other than that I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“A Rose Among the Thorns on Bourbon Street”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Decided to have a slap up steak dinner on my last night in New Orleans. Didn't have a reservation but that was not a problem although I had to wear a coat, which they loaned me.
Service was excellent. For the first time in a long time the steak was presented exactly as ordered, medium rare. Wine list is also very good and includes half bottles which I took advantage of.
People watching made me curious about why Texans seem to be different to other males - guy got up from the table put on his stetson, went to the boys room, presumably did his business, came back with stetson still in place, hung it on the hook and sat down again. Very strange.
Definitely worth a visit if fine dining is what you are looking for.

• Visited October 2013