“Great dinner, good service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galatoire's Restaurant

Galatoire's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Galatoire's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 1,919 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Iberville
California
“Great dinner, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

A large group of us ate there during a family reunion in November. We chose it because it was an older, traditional New Orleans restaurant, and we liked the menu choices. We ate upstairs in a room with a couple of other large groups. The service was excellent and the food was great. I had the salmon with Meuniére Amandine sauce, and it was outstanding; the wine, vegetables and appetizers were good also. In the interests of full disclosure, I have to say that a couple of people in the group were unhappy: one of my brothers didn't like his shrimp, and another didn't like the way his steak was cooked (though when he asked, they did put it back and cook it a little more). Also, they do require jackets for men, which caused a minor panic among some of the younger men in the family, so be prepared. Except for that, I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and would be happy to go back again.

• Visited November 2012

New York City, New York
“Our only dinner in the city - happy we chose here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We were only in the city for a night. A few friends recommended the restaurant. We weren't able to get reservations, but we went on the earlier side and were able to get a table for 2 without a wait.

Food was great. I'm a picky eater & would definitely come back. Service was wonderful. Nothing bad to say at all

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Get your hat on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went for a birthday celebration and wanted a table for 20 downstairs Friday lunch. What does that mean.? Someone has to start queuing around 7 am. Sounds mean but apparently people pay the homeless to camp out for them and secure a spot. Seems to be quite an organised business! Anyway what a place. I thought there must be a wedding going on as all the ladies were wearing wedding style clothes and hats and the men were dressed to the max. Such a party atmosphere. Just get the waiter to bring all sorts of platters of sharing food. Totally delicious from oysters Rockefeller, crayfish etc etc. the staff are fantastic and have been there for hundreds of years! You have to visit it if you head to NOLA

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Covington, Louisiana
“Excellent service and food - lots of character”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

After many years of living near New Orleans, I finally tried Galatoire's. I went for lunch and had the Shrimp Au Vin and it was divine!! My friend had the trout and it was also delicious. I don't usually eat potatoes but my friend insisted we try the potato souffle - delicious light puffed up gourmet fries . Service is great in this historic Bourbon Street restaurant - new bar and grille adjacent was opening the next day so I'll have to go back and try it. Several public parking garages right around the corner. We did not have drinks and with tip our bill was $34 per person for lunch

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houma, Louisiana
“"Out of this world!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was attending a business seminar and was invited by one of the venders to a dinner party at Galatoire's. Wow were we in for a treat. I am a glutton for punishment so I order broiled or baked fish often but 90% of the time is unsatisfactory to say the least. The choice for the dinner was either broiled black drum or filet mignon. Once again opted for the fish. Was I in for a surprise. The fish arrived bathed in a in very savory meuniere sauce. I thought well if anything it won't taste dry like most I have had. The fish was broiled to perfection and the sauce was addictive. I really wanted my boyfriend to have a taste but couldn't part with any of it. He on the hand had the filet which he said was the best he has ever had. That was definitely not the last time we will dine at Galatoire's.

• Visited March 2013