“An elegant lunch on Bourbon Street”

Galatoire's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Galatoire's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Iberville
Denver, CO
“An elegant lunch on Bourbon Street”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My brother and his wife treated us to a delicious lunch at Galatoire's in New Orleans. What a treat! The service is impeccable, the food is divine, and the atmosphere is energetic. We were seated in the downstairs dining area where the decor is reminiscent of the 1920's. The waitstaff was very pleasant and professional. We ordered a Kir Royal and a Bloody Mary to accompany the fresh bread and butter served before the meal. My boyfriend ordered the oysters for an appetizer and I ordered a small house salad. Both were delicious. For our entrees we couldn't resist ordering two crabmeat au gratin dishes. We weren't disappointed. The dishes were served piping hot. The proportion of tender crab pieces and the rich bechamel sauce was perfection. We loved every bite. Unfortunately we were too stuffed for dessert. I didn't want to leave and will certainly recommend this gem to anyone visiting the French Quarter.

Mobile, Alabama
“Still a Must in NOLA”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were fortunate to visit Galatoire's at Christmas-time, when the restaurant was fetchingly attired in tasteful holiday finery.

As regulars know, the menu at this long-standing establishment is fixed. The question is: which of the standard items will compose the meal?

My choices on this occasion were the house salad, escargot, and the Poisson Meunière Amandine. All wonderful! Perfectly executed and delivered. Doing a thing over and over is what culminates in the confidence of experience. Galatoire's has this quality in abundance. Many restaurants could do better by taking Galatoire's as an example: delivering consistent excellence as opposed to surprise or spectacle.

Vitri
“The worse dining experience in years”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After reading critics on tripadvisor, I was excited to go to Galatoire's, one of the best restaurant in New Orleans, or so it was advertised. In fact, the experience was so ridiculous that I ended up laughing, I couldn't believe my eyes that this restaurant pretends to be classy.

Our waiter, Shawn, was by far the worse waiter that I have ever seen in my life. He was careless, aloof, snobbish and frankly rather insulting many times during diner. He pushed my mother over without excusing himself. He poked me with a menu. He started to take the order and left in the middle, came back with food, and we had to order with the menus on our laps while our appetizers were getting cold. The staff was so unprofessional that my sister ended up with a cube of ice melting on top of her fish and my mother was splashed with water as the food was removed. At some point, a man that looked like the manager asked us if we liked our meal, we said no and left without asking what the matter was.

The poor quality of the food is far from making your money's worth. The shrimp au vin is a dish of bechamel sauce full of crumbs, and you really need to look for any traces of seafood. There were probably 3 or 4 shrimps overall. The duck was covered in V-H sauce. The fish was so salty that it was absolutely impossible to eat. The crab dish tasted good, but for 21$ you get about five small pieces of crabmeat. As a 6$ side order, the broccoli was served cold without a single additional ingredient and the staff didn't even care about drying it before serving it to the client.

If you go to this place, you will be greatly disappointed. If they keep treating their customers like this, I bet that they won't last another 107 years!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Vitri
Marietta, Georgia
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We joined a friend to celebrate her mother's 83rd birthday. What a perfect and festive setting! Excellent food and service. Everything I remembered about Galatoire's!

1 Thank Mitch S
“Canned peas ??”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Resting on laurels this old nola institution should have renovated its menu and/ or executive chef rather than its interior. All four of us had unremarkable dinners and were shuttled upstairs dispite a month old reservations.
My shrimp dish was woefully short on shrimp and heavy on mushy canned peas. One of our dinner companions wondered about the bottle of hot sauce on the table. "Why at such a famous place? Won't it overwhelm the taste of the food?". The hot sauce was badly needed...enough said.

1 Thank azls