“best fried chicken on the planet. Bizarre operating hours.”
Review of Dooky Chase

Dooky Chase
Ranked #216 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Treme
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“best fried chicken on the planet. Bizarre operating hours.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I went here on our week long vacation to NOLA and we were not disappointed. We went during lunch because I believe the place closed down at 3 pm. Anyway, when we arrived they had a buffet setup with Fried chicken, creole dishes, green beans, etc.... Typical southern soul food. The wait staff was very friendly and professional and of course the food was excellent.

The price for the food was a bit expensive for a buffet, but not over the top expensive. Also, the place does not accommodate a lot of patrons. Just after we went for "seconds", a bus load of people from the church filled up the place.

This place has a very family oriented feel and it felt like the people that worked there were maybe extended family. I saw the owners when I was there and they seemed very proud of their establishment (which IMHO they should be).

I walked through the "hood" to get to this place, and I would do it again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank derrick w

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Get the Creole Gumbo”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went here for lunch and it was fantastic. They had a buffet or and ala carte menu. I think I could have eaten a gallon of the creole gumbo.

2 Thank David R
“Go here!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Great southern food in the marginy. Go here for lunch buffet. A legend and it is all really good. Omar did a great job helping us. The whole staff made us feel welcome. This place is legendary, and with good reason

1 Thank Eric H
Morgantown
“No Service”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was leaving New Orleans and thought I would stop in around 1pm and try Dooky Chase for one last good southern meal. Well I never got the chance. I waited for the hostess and she stated all she had open were high top tables. Even though there were several regular tables open, but because I was just one she would not seat me. My legs will not allow me to sit at a high top table, but no doing she just turned her head in ignorance. I cannot tell you about the food and I travel to New Orleans every 2 months so I guess I never will.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank James B
“Dis a ledgend?”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went to lunch and was surpised. The cost was up there for a lunch in Marigny. We waited for over half an hour after we were seated for the buffet to be refreshed. There was no salad, chicken, or fish for that long. Got to say the chicken and catfish were good, but the price and the wait made it a bad experience. Too many places in New Orleans to try, and for a few dollars more you could have lunch at August.

1 Thank Wineho