“Really Nice”
Review of Bayona

Bayona
Reserve with OpenTable
Bayona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Louis
Tel Aviv
“Really Nice”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We really enjoyed our experience. Here. The service was lovely and so was the food. Even the hostess added to the evening. Duck was very tasty as was the lamb. Original uncomplicated dishes.

Visited February 2014

freeport
“Quaint cottage, comfy dining room, great food!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Eclectic, though comfortable and well established french quarter restaurant. Susan Spicer delivers both a traditional menu of favorites on the left, and an innovative daily menu on the right. four of us dined and were all very satisfied by the service, food, cocktails, and desert. the housemade ice creams were wonderful!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank FreeportLisa_g
Winter Park, Florida
“Near Perfection from Start To Finish”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great food, service and bubbles. We ate at Bayona for lunch on Jan.24. It was 34 F outside and raining. After Cafe au Laite and beignets at Cafe du Monde and a few Bloody Marys at Riverside Cafe. I called Bayona to make a lunch reservation and was pleasantly surprised that we could get in. We arrived, were promptly seated, and were the first people in for lunch, By the time our starters were brought to the table the restaurant had nearly filled. Our servers where very attentive, knowledgeable of both the food and the wines. We decided to try one starter that we all shared it was Capriole Goat Cheese Crouton with Mushrooms, Madeira Cream. I will just say that this was like heaven on the tongue full of richness and flavor. Each of us ordered individual starters I had the Sautéed Veal Sweetbreads, my wife had the Caesar-Style Salad with Arugala, Romaine, Preserved Lemon, Fried Capers. Our friends had the Roasted Garlic Soup and the Caesar-Style Salad. All the starters were perfectly prepared and the salad temperature was perfectly at room temperature instead of like some at other restaurants that are obviously pre-made because they are so cold. After these amazing starters we're thinking it'll be hard to top but the entrees did the starters in. I had the Jerk Fried Chicken Thigh. It was a large Skinless Boneless Thigh that had been marinated in Jerk seasoning, them lightly dusted with a flour blend and deep fried, It was off the charts good. My wife had a grilled Hanger Steak that was cook to a perfect pink medium and had just amazing clean flavors not over seasoned like some places to compensate for poor quality beef. Our friends tried the Smoked Duck PB&J and the New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp with Pimento Cheese Grits and both of these house specialities are off the charts good. We washed all this down with a couple bottles of Champagne Jacquesson which was another find that I had never tried and I was hooked. The meal was finished off with two of the Cheese Plates and a bowl of homemade vanilla ice cream and four 20 year old Tawny Ports all of which were incredible. Full with marvelous flavors and memories dancing in our heads we retired for a nap. Thanks to Bayona for taking a Gay Cold day and bringing a little sunshine to our luncheon.

1 Thank 501frankr
Boise, Idaho
“Good - but nothing outstanding”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was in town on business staying at The Dauphine Hotel, across the street from Bayona, so I decided to try it on a weeknight without reservations. I was able to get in - although the hostess was a bit brash, yelling at servers and basically ignoring me except to point to a table. Waitstaff were attentive. The menu is meat centric. Looking for something local, I tried the garlic soup (very good, but not outstanding), the rabbit roulade (surprisingly, not much flavor - rather bland), and a chocolate hazlenut torte (quite good, though not well balanced with the blackberry compote). Wine selection by the glass was not extensive, just a few choices, but the glass I ended up with wasn't bad. Prices were quite high - part of that is the French Quarter location no doubt, and part perhaps the Chef's reputation. However, I didn't see what all the hype was about. None of the dishes were excellent or outstanding. They were all okay - but nothing I would go back to have again or recommend. Nothing overly creative either. Although the space is pleasant, it was very loud - when a party of 8 arrived the room became so loud I actually left without finishing dessert - it just wasn't a nice dining environment. I left wondering what all the fuss was about and why this chef is supposedly so reknowned.

North Carolina
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Susan Spicer and her staff present an eclectic menu that blends flavors from around the world. The wine menu is equally intriguing ranging from reasonably priced by the glass to amazing, expensive bottles. Fortunately there is a sommelier to help with your selection. Unable to limit ourselves to an appetizer, entrée and dessert we ordered several appetizers, an entrée and desserts to share.The next visit to NOLA, Bayona will be on our list. They have earned revisitation rights!