“romantic dining with great food and service”
Review of Bayona

Bayona
Reserve with OpenTable
Bayona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,948 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Louis
Mundelein, Illinois
“romantic dining with great food and service”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My sister really wanted to experience Susan Spicer's food. My sister and her husband, along with my vegetarian wife and I (meat eater) went to dinner and Bayona did not disappoint. The menu reflected the local New Orleans Crusine. Each course was excellent, from the cocktails to the apps, main courses, and finally dessert. The restaurant seems to be in an old house, or at least felt like it, The décor made for a romantic evening. Our waitress was very knowledgeable, answering questions and making recommendations. I would highly recommend enjoying this special place.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“D-lish-ous!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Check out all the food and descriptions here! http://wp.me/p31An3-sr

Bayona gets rave reviews on several different sites, so I was enthusiastic about trying it out and my friends and I were not disappointed. The dishes were complex and decadent, but small enough that they weren't overwhelming. We had hangar steak, opah, lamb and mixed grill at our table and everyone was really happy with their meals. I would definitely come back here again.

San Antonio, Texas
“A Nice Lunch--But No "Wow" Factor”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Made a reservation for lunch. I had been to Bayona several years ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's an absolutely beautiful restaurant. The service was top-notch, but nothing I ordered really blew me away. The duck "sandwich" was tasty--but heavy on the bread and light on the duck. The glazed carrot cake was a disappointment. I just have the feeling that Bayona is resting on its laurels.

San Antonio, TX
“OK, gave it another chance”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Reviewed Bayona back in October and was not impressed. Used to be our favorite restaurant in N.O. Went again last month, and it was great. Not sure the problem on our visit in October, but this experience was just like our prior visits. Great friendly service, wonderful food, and good ambience. This is what Bayona is supposed to be !!! Sorry about the bad review!

• Visited April 2013
Chicago IL
“Heavenly”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Bayona is a wonderful restaurant-- absolutely nothing but perfection. The cooking is very creative and the service & atmosphere perfection.

Visited May 2013