“Beautiful renaissance of an old New Orleans favorite restaurant.”

Brennan's Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Tue, 7/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #67 of 2,219 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: The original Brennan's, opened in 1946, recently emerged from an extensive renovation that spared no effort or expense by new co-owners Terry White and Ralph Brennan. Eight glamorous dining rooms, each steeped in New Orleans architecture and ambiance, celebrate the opulence of dining in a city where breakfast revelry is taken as seriously as a decadent dinner. Brennan's menus are rooted in Creole traditions and are bolstered with contemporary New Orleans influences. Marrying classic and modern techniques yields a decidedly innovative approach and enhances our local, seasonal offerings. Brennan's old-world elegance, fanciful decor and pampering service create a unique and sophisticated backdrop for a most memorable meal. Welcome!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food: 5/5, Excellent "Sunday Breakfast at Brennan's" menu but the choices are more limited. Many of my favorites have been eliminated from the menu such as Crepes Alexander. Oh, what a treat that used to be!
Service: 5/5, Friendly, helpful, attentive waiters as before.
Decor: The Garden Room with the green and white lattice work is effective with large, floor to ceiling glass windows looking out onto the central patio. A beautiful renovation!
Price: $$$ but still a good value for a ***** meal!
I have been a patron for 50+ years and I am delighted that Brennan's is almost up to its former glory. Will I return? Absolutely!

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,733)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best of the best. Elegant, romantic, and of course delicious. The fixe price menu is a great buy. I had the scallops, which were unctuous and sublime, and the spicy gumbo loaded with oysters. My husband loved the bread pudding and got to see the Morphey Room. The staff were friendly and professional. They made our last night in NOLA memorable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On a recent trip to New Orleans, my wife and I enjoyed a delightful brunch at Brennan's. We started with bloody marys, which were spicy and very tasty. We both had the baked apples, which were like having dessert for a first course. Then, my wife had the French Toast, which she really enjoyed and I had the Eggs Hussarde, which were excellent. While a bit of a splurge, we both really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was excellent. The service was also very good. I took a number of friends there for dinner and they were very impressed. We were even given a tour of their Mardi Gras collection.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a small group, we made reservations thankfully. The service here is five star; we were treated like royalty. The prices are high and makes for an expensive dinner. I started with Gumbo and ordered the duck. The food was good, but I'd give it 4 starts. For dessert, we all had the Bananas Foster; it was six stars.