“Excellent but has veered Mediterranean ”
Review of Restaurant August

Restaurant August
Reserve a Table
Sun, 7/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #40 of 2,219 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Cross street: Gravier
Description: The cuisine at August is contemporary French with a focus on local ingredients, inspired by Chef John Besh's classical training here and in Europe, and by the depth of his own Southern Louisiana roots. August is located in an historic 19th century French-Creole building in New Orleans' Central Business District. August was a semifinalist for the 2012 and 2013 James Beard Awards Outstanding Restaurant, and has been selected by Gayot as a top 40 Restaurant in the United States. The Times Picayune has named it as one of their top 10 Restaurants the last two years in a row.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Elegant, great service, amazing food combinations, and a ton of other reasons to eat at this flagship Besh restaurant. However, we were chatting at our table last night that our favorite restaurant has lost its spot on top. I’m not sure how to put words to it, but we come to NOLA to enjoy the unique flavors that this mix of immigrants offers - that has made this city so special. The Mediterranean spin on many of the new dishes is interesting, but not what I/we expect at what we remember as a contemporary French creole restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

I had a business dinner with 12 guest in a prearranged dinner upstairs starting with a bourbon tasting, then a four course dinner service. The courses were imaginative and scrumptious. I will be back.

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Great service and food. I had the pre fixed menu, and I got the tomato heirloom salad, Louisiana crawfish Eutoufee, and the s’mores dessert.
Everything was perfect, from the hostess to the waitress and the timing.
Recoomee

Reviewed June 4, 2019

The food was wonderful on par with great restaurants in New York and San Francisco. One item that I did notice coming from the Napa Valley is the wine is very expensive for what I would call average wines. Their wine list was very extensive and the staff was very knowledgeable about the product they served.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

I was here for a business dinner, and it was by far the best meal I had during my trip to NOLA. In a city known for its food, that's saying a lot! Beautiful setting and polished service rounded out a memorable evening. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2018