“Fantastic dining experience”
Review of Restaurant August

Restaurant August
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant August is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Gravier
Description: The cuisine at August is contemporary French with a focus on local ingredients, inspired by Chef John Besh's classical training here and in Europe, and by the depth of his own Southern Louisiana roots. August is located in an historic 19th century French-Creole building in New Orleans' Central Business District. August was a semifinalist for the 2012 and 2013 James Beard Awards Outstanding Restaurant, and has been selected by Gayot as a top 40 Restaurant in the United States. The Times Picayune has named it as one of their top 10 Restaurants the last two years in a row.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a very good food experience at August. The wait staff was excellent. The food was very delicious. We ordered the Grouper and the soft shell crab. Both entrees were cooked to perfection. We had oysters for our appetizers, again very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,016)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My sweetheart and I dined there during a recent trip to NOLA. Our service was crisp and attentive. We started w/ the hot buttered crab and warm burrata corn bread tart. What an opener! Next we had the salad of heirloom beets, crab meat and Benton’s bacon w/ quail eggs and croutons made from black eyed peas. I had the Gulf grouper “courtbouillon” w/ shrimp, blue crab, oysters and jasmin rice. We also had the breaded trout Ponchartrain w/ shrimp, blue crab, and local chanterelle. I've been in the restaurant and fine wine biz my entire adult life, this was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. A nearly sublime culinary experience. Yes it's expensive, but what price do you put on near perfection?

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We just happened to walk by August leaving Emeril's Restaurant. I remembered reading very positive reviews and the atmosphere looked inviting. We returned two nights later on a Friday night, even though we were unable to get reservations after calling twice, hoping dining would be available in the bar. We were lucky there was a cancellation, because it was wonderful. The menu is limited but I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I had the gnocchi appetizer and soft shell crab. Then for desert I had the Napoleon of Nougatine. It was delightful. The atmosphere was formal. The chandeliers lit the room with elegance. Old brick warmed the room with historic charm. The large windows enable you to watch the parade of people celebrating weddings and halloween. We were in New Orleans for 6 days and this was my favorite out of all the restaurants we ate at.

1  Thank threekittyinn
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Amazing food and service, it's a must when in NOLA. It is expensive but it's worth every penny. A John Besh restaurant done very very well

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very posh and upscale resturaunts. Everyone was quite dressed up. Food was just perfect. Romantic setting. Very enjoyable. The service was perfect.