“new favorite in New Orleans”
Review of Restaurant August

Restaurant August
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant August is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Gravier
Description: The cuisine at August is contemporary French with a focus on local ingredients, inspired by Chef John Besh's classical training here and in Europe, and by the depth of his own Southern Louisiana roots. August is located in an historic 19th century French-Creole building in New Orleans' Central Business District. August was a semifinalist for the 2012 and 2013 James Beard Awards Outstanding Restaurant, and has been selected by Gayot as a top 40 Restaurant in the United States. The Times Picayune has named it as one of their top 10 Restaurants the last two years in a row.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It's all about the food... almost. My husband and I love New Orleans and visit each year planning the trip around meals. We added August to our list on our last trip and it has become our "new favorite" for sure! I read travel guide reviews that were not so enthused with the "fussy" preparations, but we decided to give it a try anyway.
A beautiful restaurant, wonderful romantic ambience and every course was delectable! I loved the amuse bouche with the briny foam, local trout cooked perfectly, and after we tried one of their desserts... buttermilk cheesecake, they brought us a sampler of their house made desserts on the house... each one was fabulous. We are foodies :) and can be hard to impress but August did just that. Can't wait to return on our next visit to New Orleans!

1  Thank Renee D

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our son and his girlfriend had heard great things about this restaurant and wanted us to try it while we were there visiting. It is very nice and the service is great. While the food presentation is nice and the taste is great, we all left hungry. The portions were very small. I usually have more food than I can eat and almost always share the remainder of my dinner with my son and husband as they eat more than I do. There wasn't even enough to let them taste my meal. This was a pricey meal for what we got. I would not go back.

1  Thank minnie27
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We went here to celebrate our anniversary, we made our reservations on Open Table and put in the comments that it was our anniversary and every staff member we encountered wished us a Happy Anniversary. We had the Degustation menu with the wine pairings it was excellent and the service was wonderful. The sommelier came by serveral times to inform us about the wine we were drinking and she was very friendly and knowledge.

1  Thank Oliver1124
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I took my wife here for our anniversary and it was a hit. We made our reservations through Open Table. The staff was excellent, very nice and knowledgeable about the entire menu. We chose not to partake in wine, but they had an excellent list. The food was flawless and very tasty. Also had the best banana pudding for dessert I've ever had...and I've had some banana pudding. Definitely would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Novel style best truffels I have ever had. Trout Poncetrain was super. Deserts were straight out of a shop in Paris. If you are in New Orleans and have only one meal to eat this is the only place.