“The best steak ever!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
“The best steak ever!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is the second time in the past year we've visited New Orleans and ate at Venezia! The lasagna is great, but we also ordered the ribeye which was fantastic - a surprise considering this is an Italian restaurant! And it's a short straight drive from downtown!

• Visited August 2013

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Old Style Pasta”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I like to go to local funky places to eat when traveling. This joint was worth the trip.
Parking is a pain, area looks a little shady, nothing fancy inside to look at. Service is friendly but not fancy.
Food? Home run!
The pasta was cooked just right, the meat sauce was just that, meat with sauce (gravy) over the top, mix it up and wow what a treat. They brought out freash bread with had a great crust with mely in your mouth inside.
This is a place I will go back to next time I am in New Orleans.

• Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Outstanding food and service!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We ended up at Venezia because the restaurant we planned on going to had a 1 hour wait. Boy how lucky were we? This place had fabulous service and some of the best cannelloni I have had since I lived in NY! My hats off to this family owned establishment for its awesome cuisine. My only request is that they invest in an espresso machine, gotta have some espresso with Sambuca after an Italian meal!

Visited June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great hideaway”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant is great. The pizza is the best I have ever had. Tee house salad is also a winner. This place offers great service as well as great food.

Visited May 2013
New Orleans
“I've been to Venice, Italy, so I am being generous with the five stars”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ok, Venezia's Restaurant is not a 5 star restaurant, nor does it compare to some world class restaurants I visited in Europe. However, it's darn good homestyle New Orleans Italian food, with a family friendly atmosphere -- it gets kinda loud, but it didn't bother my 6 month old daughter at all last time we were there (May 2013). Plus, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Angelo Brocato Ice Cream. The two go together, like red beans and rice, and none of my out-of-town guests have ever complained about either restaurant. Geaux eat dere dawlin', and bring ya momenem!

• Visited May 2013