“Not Fancy ---- Just Great Food and Service”
Review of Angeli On Decatur

Angeli On Decatur
Ranked #539 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I left my luggage at the reception desk, last week, and told the girl working there that I was going out for lunch to a particular restaurant, which I know in NOLA, and that I'd be back for the airport shuttle by 2:00pm. I just happened to ask her if she had a lunch tip, and she said I should try Angeli on Deatur, which was rather nearby.

Wow! I'm just sorry I walked past this establishment for so many years and never went in to dine.

There was one other couple eating lunch, when I was there. The waitress could not have been more efficient or friendly. I could even hear the other couple commenting on how great their pizza was.

I had the "Italian Feast" sandwich, which is kind of like a Mufalletta ---- and they served it "warm", which is the way it should be (even a Mufalletta!). It was awesome! There was a choice of sides, and I had the pasta salad, which the hotel receptionist recommended.

The waitress came back a couple times to check on me, and one time, as I was 2/3 finished with my sandwich, she picked up my nearly empty glass and said, "Let me get you some more Dr. Pepper." That is efficiency!

Even more interesting was that when I went back to wait in the lobby of my hotel for the airport shuttle, a couple came in the door to check in. They had evidently been there before noon and had left their luggage there, because their room was not yet ready. The receptionist asked them where they ate, and they said "Angeli on Decatur", and then they proceeded to rave about the place. They had entered the restaurant right after I left, from what they described.

The man said he had the "Italian Feast" sandwich (he loved it!), and the wife had a chicken caesar salad. She raved and raved about it (the receptionist had also recommended it to me), and then the receptionist told them, that I had also just eaten there. We compared notes, and all were in agreement that Angeli On Decatur is a hidden gem in NOLA.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My daughter wanted to go back the next day she loved the pizza so much. It is more a thin crust pizza. Largecheese pizza is $11.80 and $2.00 per topping; a coke is $2.00. The only pizza place open after 9:30 pm in that area of the French Quarter. Service was very friendly and attentive. Has some interesting artwork on one wall, the other was kind of plain. But you're there to eat pizza!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband sand I were wandering around the French Quarter on a very hot, humid day when we stumbled upon this unassuming restaurant. We went in and both ordered the Greek salad with chicken. The dressing was a roasted (or sun dried, I can't remember which) tomato vinaigrette. One of the best salads either of us have ever had. We've traveled the US and Europe extensively and will recommend this restaurant to anyone going to New Orleans.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was an excellent find! My wife ordered the Chicken Alfredo and I ordered the Grilled Chicken Caesar Pita with a side salad. The house made balsamic vinaigrette was delicious. We ate for $22 with two drinks. We will definitely be going back! A great break from the Cajun and seafood scene.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This corner spot appears to be nothing to write home about, but these guys make a fantastic pizza. We actually stopped in twice during our 4 day stay in NOLA. It's open late - perfect for your late-night munchies. Pizza is made quickly and to order. Highly recommend it if you are out enjoying the Frenchman St. strip of music or if you just have a craving for a good pizza. We were really surprised to find such tasty pizza in New Orleans! The staff is quirky cool and the pizza makers really know their trade.