“Feeding the Beast”

La Peniche
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stop by La Peniche before a show tonight with Compozitionz. I missed brunch (had my mind set on griots and grits), bust decided on the country fried steak with mushrooms. Good choice! This place is usually busy for brunch and dinner...so maybe the service is better during this time. Only reason I didn't give it a 5.

Stop by for a good meal.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Had our Sunday brunch at La Peniche at the recommendation of Karen at Dauphine House....excellent way to start the day....warm and cozy and good food and service.....WHO DAT YA'LL!!!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a wonderful little place in the Marigny with real comfort food and great atmosphere. Dinner is good, but breakfast was the best!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was a perfect brunch spot for us over the holiday weekend. We don't live in NOLA but my cousin does and she recommended the place. I had red beans and rice that were fabulous with a fried pork chop....I know, I know....but it was my last meal before returning home to reality. My son had chicken fingers that were super tasty. Cousin had a delicious omelette with grits and gravy...all very tasty. Service was fine....nothing to write home about. Would definitely return.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'm a native, not a visitor and I've been there for the last time. I have a friend who likes to eat there, but I can't do it any longer. I had a baked potato was out of a microwave, soggy and sticky and yet burned, I don't know how anyone can do that. They charged me $1 for a small dollop of sour cream.

1  Thank lolarites