“"From Breakfast to Dinner in 24 Hours"”
Review of La Peniche - CLOSED

La Peniche
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We discovered La Peniche while heading to another restaurant for dinner and the menu just said " you must come back". So we were there the next morning for breakfast. They are open 24 hours. We rise earlier than most travelers in New Orleans so there was not a crowd. The service was good and the breakfast was a "very southern"...bacon , eggs, grits and biscuts with gravy. Who could ask for more?
After a day of touring old sugar plantations and getting stuck in traffic due to an accident on the freeway, we returned for a late dinner that same evening. My partner had some fantastic fried chicken livers with sauteed onions and I enjoy a plate of their fried chicken ( very dark and crisp on the outside, but tender and juicy on the inside. The vegetables were not over done and the bar serves some really fortified drinks ...which we needed after the long drive back into town. We learned that their busiest hours are after many of the restaurant close for the evening and the industry people gather there to dine...so that alone says a lot.

1  Thank John J

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were recommend this place by our hotel. I can't fault the food or the hospitality. It was lovely and was our first taste of true New Orleans food!
My only issue was that it was unclean as was our servers clothes. Dirt does not bother me so much and I enjoyed my food so I didn't really care and I feel it kinda added to the charm of the place but for a split second it put me off eating there and I know it may put someone off totally. I'm not saying it has to be immaculate but clean clothes may be a bit better!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just a cute little place full of atmosphere and really good food! cheese grits to just dive into and roll around on your tongue--po'boys that are so fresh and full of in my case wonderful plump and perfectly seasoned and fried oysters--dressed perfectly--great roll-fresh and delicious coffee-desserts I swear I am going to go in and just go through the whole list one day!--Bread pudding and rum sauce-perfect texture to the bread pudding enhanced with a secret recipe rum sauce!! and Creole cheese cake which literally melts in your mouth--oh that I did not live 1500 miles away!!! Wait staff always friendly and fun!! can't wait to go back-once a year is not enough!!

1  Thank ANNE R
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Food delicious, large portions, very reasonably priced, excellent service. Easy to walk from Olde Town Inn.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always our first and last meals when we visit our timeshare, we have been going to La Peniche for over 30 years. Charming restaurant with friendly, competent staff and excellent food. Breakfast served all day, great po boys, salads, dinner specials. Open 24 hours between Thursday 8 am and Tuesday 2 pm. We ate all 3 meals there yesterday!

1  Thank LIVES_TO_EAT