“Walked over 2 miles!”

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Walked over two miles to eat Breakfast there! Probably would do it again! The food was great and the Bloody Mary's were some good ones for the GREAT price!!! Super fun place! Go there ! Fun place! Great fried Green Tomatoes Great prices!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went there for breakfast this morning. Was excited to take my husband there as this place is highly rated on a few websites. My husband and I enjoy good food and we are pretty adventurous about our restaurant choices. We equally enjoy food at Michelin star restaurants and at some dive ins if the food is good.
As soon as we sat down next to the window and I saw how dirty the window's frame and the window my excitement started going away about this place. Our waiter was nice. I ordered Crabby eggs for $14 and my husband had an omlet with shrimp and we had their famous bacon. His food was ok, nothing special, definitely not worth the drive. But mine: my crab cakes were bad( the crabmeat just started going bad and had an ammonia taste to it), I almost ate one, thinking that maybe it's the Hollandaise sauce has something funky in it. Then I took a bite without the sauce and at the same time my husband took a bite of my crab, we both had to spit it our, it was that bad. Other than that their eggs were the most plain non tasty eggs ever( they are your cheapest supermarket eggs ), the Hollandaise sauce didn't help much to camouflage their plain taste as it was watery and just bland. The only decent thing I had on my plate were the potatoes, they were nicely spiced and not greasy.
We stayed in the city center and the morning before we ate at Ruby's slippers and it was sooooo much better in every way: food was great and fair priced( I don't mind paying up tp $300 per person for an unique food and great experience), cappuccino was good, grits were really good, an atmosphere and cleanliness of the place were great too.
Please do not waste your time and money ( prices are wayyyyy to high for what you get) at this establishment, treat yourself to a better place.

1  Thank Julia-Hawkins
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The praline bacon alone is worth the trip to this a bit out of the way spot. The Eggs Benedict were above average, the grits were excellent as was the coffee and my partner's choice of a waffle was OK. So so service.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Elizabeth's for breakfast, they serve it till 2:30p. The service was very nonchalant, but the food more than made up for where the service lacked. I had the redneck eggs (poached eggs, hollandaise, and fried green tomatoes), cheese grits, and praline bacon. I don't even like tomatoes and yet as my mom used to say, had a happy plate. My comment to the waitress upon leaving, "if I was to live here I would be at least be 100 lbs heavier. "

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I should currently note that I'm sufficiently drunk when writing this. We are in NOLA for a wedding and staying in the French quarter (FML), but we enlisted our local friends and they brought us here. This place is legit. If you like chain restaurants, wal Mart, or generally anything about suburbia then stop reading this and go to bourbon street. If you have anything original about you, come here and soak it up. Yes my chair is slightly tilting to the middle of the building but I'm below sea level and I like it. Yes I'm listening to some variation of hip hop I've never heard before but I like it. And yes I'm anxiously awaiting my order of frog legs and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like it. Do the right thing, leave the French quarter and come holler at this joint.