“Oh yes”

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I should currently note that I'm sufficiently drunk when writing this. We are in NOLA for a wedding and staying in the French quarter (FML), but we enlisted our local friends and they brought us here. This place is legit. If you like chain restaurants, wal Mart, or generally anything about suburbia then stop reading this and go to bourbon street. If you have anything original about you, come here and soak it up. Yes my chair is slightly tilting to the middle of the building but I'm below sea level and I like it. Yes I'm listening to some variation of hip hop I've never heard before but I like it. And yes I'm anxiously awaiting my order of frog legs and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like it. Do the right thing, leave the French quarter and come holler at this joint.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I think for us this was a poor choice. We visited on our last day in New Orleans, Tuesday after a long weekend. I had Pancakes which I found to be too heavy so did not finish. My wife had eggs. There was nothing special about either of those dishes. Unless you want meat dishes for breakfast (that we have not tried) I would certainly not recommend. Despite being highly recommended, we had a very poor experience and filling but not at all interesting food. The orange served with the meal has actually gone bad.

Personally if you are looking for a original food, we have found much better choices, branch at Dante's Kitchen or breakfast at New Orleans Cake Café & Bakery

1  Thank Ilya42
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place has a quaint quirky ambiance that we loved with friendly service and super delicious food. You cannot go wrong with the praline bacon - so freakin good. We had the bershire pork and smoked tofu entrees - both were amazing. They come with two sides and they were all delish too. Even though we were so stuffed we crammed in dessert and were not disappointed. The ooegy gooey cake is sinful and the bread pudding was yummy. This was one of our favorite places that we ate in nola and we ate at a LOT of places :) We would definitely return to try more!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Lots of food! Great food! Enough to split-although we didn't ;) we took some home. Duck waffles were rich. Fried oysters with eggs florentine-excellent! Praline bacon rocks!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

A lot has already been said about the praline bacon, but it really is all that. We went for lunch and I had the burger with praline bacon and bleu cheese. It was delicious and HUGE! Everything there is huge. The next time we go, we'll split an entree or just get some appetizers. The menu is interesting and eclectic.The decor is bright - very bright. It's right up the road from Dr. Bob's, and they have a lot of his artwork all over the place. People are friendly and the service is good. It used to be more of a local place, but the tourists have definitely found it, so it may be crowded at times, especially around times such as Jazz Fest and French Quarter Fest.

1  Thank campmarengo