“A Taste of New Orleans”
Review of Elizabeth's

Elizabeth's
Ranked #71 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
New Orleans
“A Taste of New Orleans”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first taste of New Orleans food and it was great! We had blueberry pancakes, the Elizabeth breakfast, biscuits and gravy (I expected peppered gravy and got creole gravy. It tasted like the gravy on Popeye's biscuits) and thinly fried catfish (it was brunch that day). For never having tasted New Orleans food, we were excited and the rumors were true about the food here being delicious.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Arkansasguest

New Orleans, Louisiana
“NOt what it used to be.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I guess it's because the real deal is imPossible to rePlicate. When Elizabeth first opened the food wd excellent. This is not the same place. There was not one side dish I thought"omg I want more of that!" very avrge. I am writing this because as a local I don't want peoria to think this is our food. It's not. My fish was awful, potato salad nothing special, corn so what. Mashed potatoes nothing special. Oysters with Fois gras just ok. one person had the fried chicken and loved it. I had a great breakfast here about eight years ago. Different chef .

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Bbdeville
Seattle, Washington
“Elizabeth's - Where y'at????”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Elizabeth's is an institution in New Orleans' Bywater neighborhood, and long a personal favorite for dishing up good eats in a funky, almost ramshackle setting. A local favorite for brunch, when their Praline bacon has 'em lined up to get in.

Sadly, our last visit was somewhat of a disappointment, with uneven food quality that I truly hope was a momentary lapse. Over-cooked fish, a salad drowning in vinaigrette, and desert topped with whipped sour cream - that wasn't supposed to be sour, if you get my drift.

We left wondering where their collective culinary head was at the moment, and hope our next visit is up to the fine southern cuisine we have enjoyed in the past.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank 444RayS
Southern U.S.
“Yummo!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Praline bacon What?!?! SO good. Looks like a hole in the wall type place, but is full of hipsters! Great place to take out of towners when they come to visit. Some of the breakfast plates are big, so ask about sharing with your date.

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tremendous, exciting food for breakfast lunch or dinner!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Features foods from praline bacon to fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits. I wanted to keep trying new restaurants but we were drawn back to Elizabeth's for a second meal. Wonderful!

• Visited May 2013