“Yummo!”

Elizabeth's
Ranked #92 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Southern U.S.
“Yummo!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Praline bacon What?!?! SO good. Looks like a hole in the wall type place, but is full of hipsters! Great place to take out of towners when they come to visit. Some of the breakfast plates are big, so ask about sharing with your date.

Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tremendous, exciting food for breakfast lunch or dinner!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Features foods from praline bacon to fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits. I wanted to keep trying new restaurants but we were drawn back to Elizabeth's for a second meal. Wonderful!

1 Thank 475lawCt
poway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A jewel in the Bywater.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My daughter and I visited Elizabeth's after touring the Lower Ninth Ward. It's tucked away in a residential neighborhood close to the canal. We were charmed by the outer and inner decor. However, we had no idea how wonderful the cuisine would be. We bypassed the dinner menu and ordered several appetizers - they were each and every one so delicious! The best gumbo ever, and of course the praline bacon is to die for. We also sampled a few of their signature drinks - amazing. Rather than mention them all, I invite you to give it a go. Order, share and enjoy!
Our server was a young woman who knew the history, menu and drinks to perfection. 5 star in our opinion.
We will revisit when we return from San Diego.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carole J
Fort Lauderdale
“What's for breakfast? Praline Bacon”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

What's for breakfast? Elizabeth's I say. I had heard about their famous Praline Bacon and I needed try it so I made my way to Bywater to get it.

Entering the restaurant made me go back into time when I was kid eating at my grandma's house. There were a lot of colorful artworks on wall and cute cherry covered table cloths on the tables. It was bright inside and open with ample seating.

Our server was okay; I wish she was a little more cherry and didn't forget the bacon I ordered. I had eating half way through my meal before I realized, I was not going to get my Praline Bacon and had to ask for it. It was good but not for those who do not like sweets. The issue with me loving it was the fact that it wasn't fresh and was just sitting around and bacon just isn't great like that.

The meal I order was off their daily specials menu (which was posted on the wall). I can't remember what it was called, but I am just going to go with Sombrero Burrito. It was a tortilla stuffed with eggs, bacon and sausage. It was an interesting concept but the sweetness of the maple syrup on top just threw things off for me.

My friend had the Veggie Omelet which seemed to be good.

My other friend ordered the French Toast but with the Banana Foster's on the side.

I will admit that I am not a lover of breakfast foods (I hate eggs) but as a lover of Bacon, the fact that they offer Praline Bacon give them some contention when it comes to Breakfast.

1 Thank chewclue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Must eat here while in NOLA!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great spot, off of the beaten path. I never would have found it if not for a local friend who brought me there. Delicious local food in a quirky neighborhood restaurant. Will definitely be back next time I have the pleasure of visiting New Orleans.

1 Thank meganbeth5