“Great local place to eat!”
Review of Elizabeth's

Elizabeth's
Ranked #92 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We'd heard about Elizabeth's on our last visit to NOLA and stayed in the Bywater this time around, so we had to try it. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and all their food is delicious and fresh. They are famous for their praline bacon at breakfast, which my friend tried and is really tasty. I opted for a lunch item, the eggplant pirogue, which is a "boat" of fried eggplant stuffed with shrimp and fish, creole tomatoes, leeks and fresh thyme and basil. It was scrumptious. It came with red beans and rice but I opted for potatoes. Service is easygoing and relaxed, the atmosphere casual. I want to try dinner there next time--the menu looks great.

4  Thank NativeCalGal

Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you want to try real southern soul food this is the place. The side dishes are very tasty. Must try the praline bacon. It tends to get crowded so a reservation is recommended.

2  Thank Ynadal
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pimms Cup 3 ways and Eggs Benedict w/fried oysters --- WOW!!! Very fun and funky place in an urban renewal area...

1  Thank NOLA_2011
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've been staying in the Bywater for the last few years for our annual trek to JazzFest, and until this year had only been to Elizabeth's for breakfest - and lots of coffee after nights out on Frenchman St. This time we decided to try it out for dinner and were literally blown away. The food is reasonable, hearty and really tremendous, so good in fact we went back the next night. Also didn't even know they have a bar upstairs, where we ate the second night. Highly recommend a trek to the Bywater to check out Elzabeths! Everything we had, from the scallop appetizer to Blackened Drumfish in Shrimp Creole sauce was out of this world!!

3  Thank FairallBaltimore
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was a rainy Thursday of Jazz Fest and we nixed the idea of going to the Fairgrounds and hopped a cab here for lunch instead.

It was a quick Cab Drive from the French Quarter, but I had to help my cabbie find it by using my I-Phone.

The inside is colorfully decorated. I had a catfish po boy that was perfect. My mother ordered Boudin Sausage. These were little balls of goodness. She had half of one, and then I stole the rest from her. I recommend trying them.

Staff was friendly and called us a cab back to the quarter. I recommend checking this place out if you want to get away from the quarter.

1  Thank Larry S