“Delightful place with good food”
Review of Elizabeth's

Elizabeth's
Ranked #77 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Minneapolis
“Delightful place with good food”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great little neighborhood place with bright cheerful decor that made me feel I was in a beachside town in Mexico. The menu has a large selection of interesting items. I had the Calas - my first time - delicious! And the fried tomatoes was done right. The Po' Boy my husband had was HUGE and delicious. Their crab cakes are also very good. Prices are very reasonable too.

Highly recommended.

Denton, Texas
“Amazing!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Elizabeth's was wonderful. Everyone's food in our party of four was great, we went there for brunch on a Tuesday, and it was exactly what was expected. I order the smoked salmon with bri on rye, and it was soooo gooood, however it comes alone, so if you're super hungry, I'd suggest ordering a side. The staff was great, the food wasn't too pricey, and the coffee was good too. However, I would say the only thing- "ehh" would be the praline bacon. They seem to be well known for it, but $6 for 4 slices of bacon was just a little pricey for bacon. Especially since it's practically just bacon with brown sugar caramelized on top. Good, but not good enough for $1.50 a slice. Overall, good food, good staff, great menu.

Ann Arbor
“By far the best in NOLA”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I cannot count how many times I have been to NOLA but there is only one dinner place where I go back time and time again. Innovative and a great cost quality ratio. The flavors are just fantastic. When I move to NOLA, I want to live in the Bywater just to be near.

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Classical New Orleans Cruisine”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Both as prior residences of New Orleans and as current visitors we have enjoyed Elizabeth's since it's beginning. Please note that there is NO person named Elizabeth at the resturant and the present owners have continued the culinary excellence that made Elizabeth's a popular establishment with both locals and visitors.

I feel that Elizabeth's forte is breakfast and the weekend brunches are supreme. Our favorites are praline crusted bacon, stuffed French bread French toast with creole cream cheese and strawberries. In addition the unique egg dishes are fluffy and delicious; and the morning drinks are a perfect compliment to the food. Also, Mosel Piesporter is an excellent wine for breakfast.

In New Orleans we love our food and breakfast, and Elizabeth's personifies what New Orleans restaurants are about.

Toronto, ON
“Mmm, pralined bacon!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Came here on two recommendations, both a friend and a work colleague that ate there while visiting New Orleans.

They have an item called "pralined bacon," basically a candied strip of crispy bacon that is incredibly tasty (even though you'll feel like it's the most unhealthy thing to eat in the world!). It had us wanting seconds. We also tried foie gras and truffled oysters that were just okay. Crab cakes were awesome, as was a mixed seafood platter - perfectly cooked scallops, a tasty morsel of local fish and impressive bbq shrimp. Wine was good and relatively inexpensive - got a decent bottle of pinot grigio for under $30.

It's off the beaten path (in Bywater, outside the French Quarter and near Frenchman St.) but worth the visit.

Visited March 2013