“Past its prime”

Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Past its prime”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Elizabeth's has a good history - but several ownership changes later, it seems to be running on reputation. The brunch is not that great anymore and you typically have a long wait for a mediocre experience. While the food is still decent, I would suggest other options in the neighborhood

nashille
“First time will go back”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

It's off the beaten path this restaurant is in my daughters neighborhood , a great find will go back

• Visited November 2012
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Awesome Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Venture a little outside of the quarter and you will find fantastic places that locals go to eat. Elizabeth's is one of those places you should not miss. Brunch is amazing!!! We also came back for dinner and we were blown away!

Brentwood
“So So food this visit”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The last time I was in NOLA 3 years ago, this place had outstanding food. This trip, it was so so. I had the fried green tomatoes with romelaude (sp) sauce and shrimp. The prawns were fishy tasting. Not appetizing. The romelaude (sp) sauce was more like an aoili in taste and look. I had a sampler plate for $11 which I thought was a great price. The red beans and rice were ok. I expected more flavor. The creole something or other which was stewed tomatoes and okra over rice - I have decided after having this a couple times this trip I do not care for this dish. The rice was too al dente, and the tomatoes too acidic for me. I will tell you how underwhelmed I was with this dish I cannot recall what the 3rd thing on my sampler plate was. Oh well. The mimosas I had were outstanding.

Melbourne, Florida
“Great local specialties without the tourists.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Excellent New Orleans fare. Original and a good variety. I would compare it to Jacque - mos, but without the wait or the prices. The fried oysters laying on top of a thick creamy blue cheese sauce were a hit, as was the crawfish cheesecake. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole fried snapper with two sides of homestyle vegetables. Great place without all the tourists although very close to the French Market.