“I am really upset it took me so long to get here.”

Upperline Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: Upperline Restaurant is New Orleans, LA's local haven where tasty Louisiana cuisine, serious wine, and Creole hospitality is always served.
New Orleans
“I am really upset it took me so long to get here.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Thank You TA for getting me to Upperline. My short 10 year residence in NOLA has me gun shy on going to many of the well acclaimed older restaurants here. I have found that they live on their reputation instead of earning my repeat business for my hard earned money. I went looking for someplace to add to my restaurant rotation. I read the reviews and rankings on TA and made a reservation. The members of my party were disappointed that I was not able to vouch for this upcoming experience. However they still trust my judgment since they have not stopped talking about how great everything was. Immediately my heart was won when I was served my favorite Tito's and not charged a premium price. The rest is easy. Try one of everything on the menu. The 4 of us did and all agreed it was a 10 out 10 experience. Thank you Joanne and your staff. You gave us a perfect dining experience. I will return and send some new business your way.

Louisiana
“Great little Place”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We went to Upperline with a group of 4 people. We all order different things and everyone loved it. The service was great. This restaurant should be on everyone's "must do while in NOLA list"

Macon, Georgia, United States
“Excellent neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food with a large menu: 5/5, Service: 5/5, Atmosphere/Decor: 5/5, Value: 5/5. This is a medium sized restaurant well known to the locals and deservedly so. It is one of the excellent restaurants of New Orleans but a small cut below the three or four great restaurants. My meals here over the years have been wonderful. Would I return? In a flash, and I HAVE returned over the years.

Maryland
“Dinner in the Gallery”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Before heading to NOLA, I read many Trip Advisor reviews, one of which criticized Joanne, the owner here as being less than friendly. Our experience could NOT have been more different. Upon arrival, she greeted us at the front door and offered a choice of tables, What followed was an absolutely delicious meal with excellent service in a wonderful environment. Upperline feels like an old home that has been decorated floor to ceiling with the owner's local art collection. Upon leaving, we spent several minutes with Joanne, who gave us some if about her favorite restaurants, art galleries, and local culture. This was truly a pleasant evening!

milwaukee
“great intro to NOLA cuisine”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I were in town for 4 nights and while researching restaurants we decided on Upperline intending to sample the $40 fixed price 3 course menu. Sample we did! Each of us ordered different starters, mains and desserts. The fried green tomato with shrimp remoulade was the winner for appetizer, each of us loved our entree's...all fish..and desserts were good as well. By the end of our 4 dinner stay we realized that the $40 menu was quite a good deal. Beware that Upperline is a bit more dressy than jeans and tees and does not have much of a bar. It is located about 2 blks off the St. Charles streetcar in the Uptown area. The interior is memorable with loads of art and the service could not be better.

• Visited October 2013