“Outstanding in every way”

Upperline Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Description: Upperline Restaurant is New Orleans, LA's local haven where tasty Louisiana cuisine, serious wine, and Creole hospitality is always served.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fantastic meal at the Upperline this evening. Beautiful, comfortable setting, attentive, professional service, and food in every course that was delightful - fresh, creative, well seasoned and delicious. Standout dishes include the duck and andouille gumbo (I don't have the words to describe how wonderful this was), grilled drum in picante sauce with hot and hot shrimp, slow roasted duck with ginger peach sauce, and creme brulee.

The Sazerac before dinner was first rate, too.

There are newer reviews for Upperline Restaurant

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Upperline is a quaint resturant with excellent tastes and flavors! Don't be fooled by the small entrance way. Once inside it is well lit and cozy. The food was is excellent! Service is excellent and I really enjoyed the dinning experience. I highly recommend trying Upperline resturant. I will be back!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This restaurant is uptown (every cab driver knows it) and nicely decorated with folk art. The owner, who welcomes you in, is friendly and attentive. We were early and had a drink at the bar (they make good Sazeracs).

The food is a good value: three dishes for $40. I started with the duck etouffee and my wife had a duck gumbo. Both were good and authentic. I then had the drum meuniere (simple but delicious, served with greens). My wife had the fish special, drum marinated in a broth with root vegetables and sweet potatoes. I finished it and it was great. I then had the stilton cheese with pecans and my wife had the pecan pie. There were about 10 other things we would have liked to eat on the menu.

We saw mostly locals. Too bad. It seems tourists continue to stay mostly in the Quarter. The best food, in my opinion, is uptown and in the warehouse district. I would return to Upperline without a doubt.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Used to live ther, loved this place. Boy it has changed. Wait staff was ok, not much selection on the menu. The head waiter yelled at my daughter and I because by accident we had asked for 2 cabs. Didn't matter as they never came and we ended up taking the trolley back. We won't go back.

4  Thank meeoow68
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We loved the set menu at this neighborhood gem. Set in a cute old house, with plenty of original art and a character of a proprietress, the restaurant stood out as the best of our new Orleans trip. Service was spot-on--there when we needed something but not too much, and with a sense of humor and genuine personal recommendations. The kitchen knocked everything out of the park. And each dish was a delicious New Orleans classic, but many included creative twists that really upped the ante. And the set menu price was a deal. I definitely advise making recommendations, though.
I would recommend this restaurant for couples or small, celebratory groups--not children (as it's quiet and cozy).