“What A Pleasant Dining Experience!”
Review of Lebanon's Cafe

Lebanon's Cafe
Ranked #87 of 2,105 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Riding the St. Charles Streetcar I noticed this restaurant near the end of the line. The driver didn't have anything to tell me about it, so I looked in the internet and at its own web site. That convinced me to pen it in for one evening's dinner.

And what a great meal it was!

I like Middle Eastern food (hey, I like most anything!), and this was true, authentic, and great. I honestly cannot say anything more, except that I'm looking forward to my next visit to New Orleans and again dining at Lebanon's Cafe.

One hint: They do not sell alcohol, however, guests are invited to bring their own bottle of wine. The staff immediately brings a corkscrew and glasses to the table, and there is no corkage fee.

Do youself a favor on your next visit to N.O. and skip a dinner of usual cajun, etc. food. This restaurant deserves your presence. You can thank me later!

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have lived in 5 metropolitan cities and Lebanon Cafe right here in New Orleans wins first in my book. We eat here on Sundays at lunch. If you are an out of towner, you're in luck. Lebanon Cafe is on the street car line.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

If you are visiting the city and done with fried cajun and creole type foods, this place is amazing! I've had multiple things on the menu and have yet to be disappointed! Great atmosphere, BYOB with no corking fee, awesome value for the quality and quantity you get. I've taken several out-of-towners here and no one has been disappointed. Great place to order an appetizer or two and split an entree.

1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My dad and I stumbled upon this restaurant by chance... what good luck it was. Absolutely delicious-- and right on the St. Charles street car line.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

Hands down the best Middle eastern food place in town. We have eaten at them all. Good smooth hummus, real meat in the gyros and real meat in the chicken and other meat dishes. None of that gyro meat on a big stick roll here. Freshly grilled,. Great basmati rice, they have labna, a real middle eastern yogurt you cannot find in any other restaurant,; grilled onions and peppers with the gyros. The best there is. Great cabbage rolls and grape leaf rolls, veg. and with meat. Consistent. Been eating here for 7 years now and each time the food quality is the same and menu is the same. Good good food. True lovers of Lebanese food will in no way be sad they ate here.