“Grab a drink and tour the "museum"”

Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Between Bourbon & Dauphine Streets
Transit: Near Streetcar Line
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stopped here during our last visit to the Big Easy because we were actually curious about the space as a venue for our destination wedding. We decided it is not quite our style (mostly because the ballroom is under renovation and we have no idea what it will actually look like next year). The place itself feels like an authentic representation of fine southern drink and dining (again, we didn't actually eat here, just toured the space). The woman we met with (Kaitlin) was incredibly helpful, pleasant and professional. She gave my fiancé, our two friends and I a tour of the place and the memorabilia of old New Orleans housed in areas throughout the restaurant. It was a neat treat and I highly recommend looking at the beautiful dresses and hats from a glamorous era now passed. Very Great Gatsby. Definitely something to see. The bar area was also really cool and old fashioned feeling. A great place to sit and have a classy glass of Bourbon if a beer on Bourbon Street is not your thing.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went in celebration of a birthday. We ordered milk punch (for which they are famous) and a mimosa - served in a lovely wide rimmed champagne glass. The menu had 4 sections with at least 5 options in each section. We were told to choose one item from each section for our brunch. We then embarked on a 5 course breakfast with a jazz quartet playing table side. The dessert was a flaming bananas foster! It was absolutely wonderful! The jazz was so enjoyable that we were tapping feet, clapping hands and singing along during brunch. They came to our table to sing Happy Birthday to our guest of honor. I highly recommend Arnaud's.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We enjoyed our final meal of great four-day trip to New Orleans with a meal at Arnaud's in their jazz cafe. We paid an extra $4 each to be in that particular room.. and it was totally worth it to hear a fabulous jazz trio, who visited each table taking requests. We each opted for the $40 special, which included an appetizer (soup or salad), main course and dessert. It was fabulous. Not being a seafood fan (I know, I know...), I had the chicken dish and it was amazing. All in all, a great meal with great service. Arnaud's was a highlight of our NOLA trip. We loved the decor, the elegance and the FOOD! PS - be sure to visit the collection of Mardi Gras outfits from the original owner's daughter that's upstairs. It's quite amazing!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of my dining companions commented that the best and most memorable meals are a combination of good food, friends and service. We hit a a home run with all three last week at Arnaud's Restaurant! In particular the Filet Mignon au Poivre was unbelievable - I also heard from our guests that the Shrimp and Grits were outstanding.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in New orlean and everyone told us Arunald's. While the bill was spectacular, the food was so so. I want to truely be blown away. We were celebrating our 5 wedding anniversry and out that in the reseravtion when we booked online. It wssn't even acknowledged by any one at the resturant. For fine dining those little extras fo a long way. The band was very good. The servixe was good. However nothing in the food wowed me.

1  Thank TAYOP