“Our Best Meal”

Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnaud's Restaurant / French 75 Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Between Bourbon & Dauphine Streets
Transit: Near Streetcar Line
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The live jazz was a perfect accompaniment to a great meal. We each had the Shrimp Arnaud, which was out of this world. I wish I could get the recipe! Good bread. I had the Quail Elzey, tender and tasty and my companion had the Pampano Duarte, pronounced equally delicious. The service, including wine, was proper, prompt, friendly and courteous. It was explained to us they work in teams of three, which explains why one may not see the "waiter" for awhile. It was really entertaining to sip wine, listen to jazz and watch humanity stream by outside the windows on Bourbon Street. After we had asked about the history of the restuarant, we were given a tour, top to bottom. All in all, this was a great finale to my first visit to NOLA and proves you get what you pay for. I certainly don't understand the negative reviews.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

When you go to a "fine dining" restaurant you don't expect to get the bum's rush, especially if you are at the second seating with a 9:30 pm reservation. you don't expect to get served your first course before you have even had a chance to have a bite of bread. you don't expect your second course to be served at almost the exact moment you put down your spoon from your appetizer. you don't expect your entree to be served practically cold with a congeled sauce on the plate. This meal was hands down the worst meal I have ever had in the City of New Orleans. What was once a venerable institution has become the quintessential tourist trap. the meal had to be pre-cooked. there is simply no other explanation for how the food came out. If this is the pride they have in their resturant they should close. talk about going through the motions, it's was like the waiters couldn't wait to get out of there. Added to the insult is that you are paying top dollar for this 'experience". really a disgrace............. i could go on but why bother, you get the point. this place sucks.

3  Thank SaprissAmericano
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went with a group of 6 for Lundi Gras lunch. i was a little nervous after reading some reviews. I was blown away. The meal was fabulous from start to finish! For appetizers there were Oysters Arnaud and Shrimp Arnaud and Turtle Soup. Then for entrees we had Speckled Trout Meunière , Trout Ponchartrain, Pompano Duarte and Crabmeat Karen. The sauce on Pompano Duarte was rich without being heavy!! We also did dessert-peppermint ice cream with fudge sauce, caramel custard, creme brulee and pecan pie. I haven't been to Arnaud's in a while but will put it on my list for a return visit. Yes it is a little expensive but about what you would expect from a old line New Orleans restaurant. I have heard complaints about the serving size. I totally do not understand the problem. I left comfortably full! One must remember that this is not some chain restaurant where they pile enough food on your plate for a weeks worth of meals. Lovely Lundi gras meal!!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had a fantastic dinner during Mardi Gras. The bean soup was divine, the oysters miraculous and the veal and chicken pontalbo were delectable, Arnauds does it right and understand how to make their guests feel welcome, from their famous French 75 cocktail to the lovely decor...hospitality defined.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

it was packed and they got us in. Super Bowl weekend crazy busy but they made room for us. drinks were perfect! waiters so professional and service always impeccable. the food is always amazing the hardest part is picking what to have! love it love it love it! you can't miss this restaurant if your in the quartter