“Service exceeds expectations”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Mike our waiter was a little curt when he first arrived at our table but quickly warmed up. Six other patrons were seated at the same time and I think he was rushed. He described every dish we asked about and even told us how they make their Sazerac. The assistant waiter was also named Mike. He was attentive to our every need. Food was prepared properly and tasted great. Great wine selection

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Get out of the French Quarter and go to Clancy's!
Awesome food and drink in an elegant but not stuffy atmosphere. Very good Brandy milk punch, and the crab salad was divine. Turtle soup too !!!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I do not write negative reviews unless they are justified. We went to Clancy's on our last night in New Orleans. It is a lengthy cab ride from the French Quarter….but we were willing to make the trek because of the reviews we had read.

First, it is tiny. When you enter in to the hostess stand, there is barely enough room for those waiting for their tables. We were seated promptly, and when the other reviewers say it is loud…that is an understatement. There was a drunk patron at another table who was so loud that my husband and I could not hear each other talk when we were sitting 12 inches from each other.

Our waiter was extremely curt and spoke 5 words to us the entire time we were at his table. At one point he had to come and check if we had even gotten our appetizer because he had not been back the entire time we were eating it.

The supporting staff were wonderful, however. Our water was always filled, our plates cleaned quickly, and they did more throughout the dinner than our waiter even thought of.

The one nice thing, when we were seated, the hostess told us when we got to the dessert course to let our waiter know, and they would call for a cab for us….unfortunately, the service was so bad, I could not wait to be able to call for the cab!

There are so many amazing meals we had in our time in New Orleans, it is sad that we ended on this one :(

2  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was my wife's birthday, I made a very late and last minute reservation and they made sure to take care of us on a super busy Friday night. King Cake in hand (from Sucre), we danced our way in at 9:30. It was packed, but the host who took the call immediately spotted us, took the cake and made sure we were seated quickly after a drink at the bar (a slammed bar that is).

I could go on about the food, it was excellent, from start to finish. Plus, the service was fantastic. That said it was super loud. More than likely because there was too large groups seated on both sides of us and both groups were super loud. So much so, it in fact took away a little from the night. However, this shouldn't stop anyone from headed a little out of the way to this great spot.

Thus, I suggest to anyone visiting New Orleans, who tends to hang onto the French Quarter...break out and try something old school and real NOLA. Take a cab and go to Clancy's.

1  Thank smkluck
Reviewed January 19, 2014

When making my reservations for our trip to New Orleans, I accidentally called Clancy's, instead of another well-reviewed Uptown establishment. Boy, was this a lucky dial. All 4 of us agreed that Clancy's provided one of the best meals we have ever had. My wife placed their oysters rockefeller at the top of her all-time best list. The sweetbreads appetizer was also well received. Of our entrees, it was difficult to pick the best. The risotto with lobster and mushrooms, the linguini with shrimp and a vermouth cream, and the trout special of the night were all excellent. Then, of course, we had to try their lemon pie (get it) and the coconut pie. Clancy's has moved to the top of my N.O. list for the next trip.

1  Thank MemRunner