“Favorite Uptown Nola Restaurant!”

Clancy's Restaurant
Ranked #146 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a local gem. Great seafood in a charming old house. You need to cab it uptown from the Quarter, but it is well worth the added effort. I love, love their bread and wine list. The Veal Annunciation and the Scallops are to die for.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Dinner at Clancy's was excellent. I had the speckled trout grilled topped with lump crabmeat. Was one of my favorote dining spots in new orleans, and is in uptown near the garden district. Very pleasant, and the service ws good too. I recommend it to get out of the touristy reas of the French Quarter. This is where the locals dine.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great local fare in a quiet neighborhood about 15 minutes outside of the French Quarter. This restaurant was quaint with white table clothes and an attentive old school waitstaff. All the food from appetizers to dessert was delicious. I was in town on business and ate a few restaurants, including Emeril's NOLA, and Clancy's was bar far the best.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Clancy's is a local uptown favorite; a 15-minute cab ride from the French Quarter. Superb New Orleans fare. Smoked pork loin, sautéed drum with shrimp, perfectly cooked lamb chops, turtle soup, oysters with brie, peppermint ice cream sunday, are very well-known staples. Want to keep it local so I can keep getting a reservation, but clearly one of the best restaurants in the city and a good reason to go uptown.

1  Thank Abbemax
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've been here a couple times and can't wait to come back. There's always more on the menu that I wish I could order. If you're visiting in New Orleans, it's nice (essential, would be more like it) to get out of the Quarter and see where locals eat when they're in the mood for something absolutely top notch. If you were to see the place without any people in it, it might not look like much. Perhaps a renovated former corner saloon? But fill it with diners talking (a little loud but not overly so) and waiters going back and forth with great food, and it becomes casual and upscale all at once. A neat trick if you ask me! I've only eaten downstairs where it's bustling and busy (and looks like the picture on their website) but I know there's an upstairs too that's quieter (and less the scene?). Our server was clearly busy but attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. We ate too much (surprise, surprise) but every bite was worth it. The lightly fried oysters with melted brie were excellent. I would have like to have tried a couple other apps as well (seared scallops with foie gras in a port reduction? ouch! Maybe next time.) I look forward to returning to New Orleans just to hit this place again. . . maybe twice.

1  Thank wrgoodell