“Hidden Treasure”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restaurant is a well kept secret by the locals. After living and visiting in NOLA for over 40 years I discovered Clancy's just this year. Everything was wonderful ! Food and service are excellent; one couldn't ask for more. The beautiful young ladies at the door were welcoming and accomodating; I'll be back frequently.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Being a local, this is my favorite in New Orleans. Excellent cuisine, excellent menu, and excellent service. A quintessential New Orleans restaurant experience. Way off the beaten tourist path in Uptown, visitors will have to take a cab, but it is well worth it. Reservations are mandantory. Ask for the 'big room' downstairs when you call.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Classic New Orleans food in a neighborhood spot. The restaurant is bigger than it looks. Request a table in the room behind the bar for a quieter experience. Diners range from casually dressed to totally decked out. Waiters are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friends and I were so excited about our dinner at Clancy's only to be so so so disappointed. First, the young bus boy was more attentive to our table than our waiter. We had to get up from the table and go look for him just to get a glass of wine or a fork to eat with!!

Second, nothing had salt on it except the over-salted turnip greens - see below

Third, the walnut blue cheese salad was over dressed and totally tasteless. Just gobs of mayo and a sprinkle of blue cheese. ick

I ordered the smoked pork chop which was not smoked - only covered in this overly smoked sauce. The mashed sweet potatoes were like apple sauce and the turnip greens were too salty to eat. (the only thinkg w/ salt).

My husbands $33 steak was dry as a bone - absolutely no juice was coming out of that piece of meet and what they called a benaise sauce was just this white tasteless goo.

I don't even has to describe my friend's salads, entrees, and desserts - every course was poor. We were so disappoointed bc the decor was lovely!

I advise you to visit other establishments in NOLA - walk away from Clancy's!!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

my husband and I made a meal of their fabulous appetizers- fried eggplant, fried green tomatoes, fabulous crab salad, mussels in a wonderful red broth, and the fried oysters with brie. The service was very attentive and the food came out coursed in a very nice way- quick but not too quick. We sat in the back room which appeared to be much more quiet than the front, so that was a double bonus- oh and I almost forgot the butterscotch salted caramel parfait- fabulous end

1  Thank ZZcircus