“top 10 in New Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Herbsaint

Herbsaint
Reserve with OpenTable
Herbsaint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Girod Street
Transit: streetcar stop at St. Charles & Girod
Frankfort, Kentucky
“top 10 in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

had a great dinner last week. The gumbo was the best out of several nice restaurants we visited that week. The duck entree is fantastic. Great atmosphere and service. Highly recommend.

• Polish first
San Francisco, CA
“Superb Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

What is there to say that has not already been said about this unassuming jewel on St Charles in New Orleans? Probably not much but I do have a few comments.

Everything on the menu looked outstanding so I spent some time talking to my very attentive server to negotiate some must have dishes. Their homemade spagetti with a fried poached egg looked out of this world but was clearly too filling if I wanted to sample several dishes. She guided me towards three dishes I would not have ordered otherwise.

1) The shrimp ceviche with pepitas: outstanding and I could have easily eaten another dish full of the sweet seafood in a tangy hot sauce.

2) Their Crispy Muscovy Duck Confit was probably the best duck I have ever eaten

3) The chocolate molten cake with salted caramel corn and ice cream.

All were outstanding and the service was excellent. I had read some reviews that the service was poor IF you were dining alone or were not a regular but I did not find this to be true.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
North Bellmore, New York
“Delicious and humble”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A delicious and humble meal. Very pleased with the service and recommendations. A nice variety of small plates and entrees. The crawfish croquette (a special small plate of the day) was out of this world.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Hyper-pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant came recommended from concierge at hotel as I had NO idea where to eat & propose. I was not let down. I will be the first to say the menu does not impress upon first glance and the atmosphere is humble but comfortable. I have to remember its a historic area so don't expect a modern, contemporary, expensive, bourgeoise restaurant. It is most certainly not run down but fitting for New Orleans. I played it safe with a steak & the better half had a seared shrimp dish. Bread & drinks were good & food was timely served but the food....?? If there was a larger font for OMG! I have NEVER had a steak that good...ever. Melt in mouth, cut with fork, close eyes & moan uncontrollably good! THEN there was the dipping sauce. Blink, blink-single tear good! Had I known they were closed Sunday, I would have ordered one to go as I was visiting the city! The steak was a sirloin but a different cut along the length of the meat rather than across. Wow. The better halfs dish was just as succulent. Shrimp one mashed potatoes with onions! Sounded odd but incredible! We were BLOWN away! No, we were not starving. She finished her dish before me as it was SO good. I thought she would scrape the porcelain off the plate. Homemade ice cream with a cookie to finish off meal. It was good but after being taken so high from entree, it fell short. I wish I had more thumbs as I would give it four thumbs up. We sat next to a wonderful couple who took pics of me proposing & after that perfect meal, how could she not say yes!! If you order the steak & are not impressed, there is something wrong with you!

Conroe, Texas
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ate here during a work conference last week with a group of about 15 people. Had the delicious gumbo and then one of the shrimp dishes for the meal and everything was outstanding. Service was great and the atmosphere was wonderful as well. Short walk from our hotel.

• Visited February 2013