“Exquisite Tastes and Service”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse’s casual eatery in the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de Cuisine Philip Buccieri works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef’s food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA was renovated in 2017 and is now open daily at 11:30 am serving one menu for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Though this famous restaurant doesn't appear to be on TripAdvisor, it is highly reviewed on other sites. Some say it is the best of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants. My wife and I went April 16, 2014 for her birthday. Everything was superb from the appetizers to the coffee and desserts. Personable, consistently excellent service. I would opt to go on the third floor as it is the quieter floor. We did have a few loud visitors to someone else's birthday, but they were gone in a few minutes. My wife and I are seniors and really love good food as we have dined all over Europe and the US and we would rate this in the top 5% of restaurants. We had champagne, mixed drinks and spent over $140 but it was worth it. I'd heartily recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,247)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

They have a very nice decor, with wonderful service! They had the best service of all the places we ate in for our 4 days in town.

We really enjoyed dinner at NOLA. The gumbo was very tasty (a bit less File than most, it seemed), and my wife's bouillabaisse and my (uh... Some local fish) with a garlic breadcrumbs (broiled) were all very good. Maybe not the best in town, but very good and very well presented by a really good wait staff.

Personally, I think service is equally as important as the food - either one being bad will ruin your meal!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My second visit to NOLA did not disappoint. The food is wonderfully prepared and presented. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Our waiters were professional and knowledgeable about the menu items. It's a little pricey but worth the treat.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I now think eating at celebrity chef restaurants is setting yourself up for disappointment! I was very excited to try Nola, especially after seeing Emeril and Top Chef in new orleans. I live outside san francisco, so we are used to great food and this was not it.

The service is good and the restaurant is pretty ( but noisy). The food wasn't bad per se, but:

- there was a bug crawling in one salad (the Caesar), which was under dressed and the bib lettuce salad was way over dressed. They comped us both salads due to the bug!

-the fried chicken was very good, but the portions are too big and it was just too heavy
-pineapple cake for dessert was good

I think other, less expensive places, served better food. A nice bowl of gumbo or rice and beans beats $24 fried chicken.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Fantastic service, great atmosphere and good food. My wife and I decided to have lunch at NOLA after a few bad experiences in the French Quarter and we really enjoyed NOLA. We had gumbo of the day, which was delicious. I also had Shrimp & Grits and enjoyed every bit of it. Simply the best restaurant in the French Quarter for us.