“Great Creole cuisine and atmosphere...”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse's casual and funky eatery in the heart of New Orleans' French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de cuisine Brian Mottola works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef's food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA serves dinner nightly and lunch Thursday through Monday.
London
“Great Creole cuisine and atmosphere...”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had read about Nola for some time and was very keen on visiting during my trip to New Orleans.

I loved the setting of this restaurant, we were seated on the first floor. The decor was simple and there was a good amount of space between the tables so I didn’t at all feel over crowded.

Our waiter was phenomenal. I actually think he made the restaurant experience a 5 star experience. Not only did he recommend dishes (we are from London so never tried Creole cuisine) he went and actually suggested his favourites which I thought was a really good idea.

The food was absolutely delish and the portion sizes were huge. We had the shrimp and grits, I didn’t know what to expect at first but it was a very tasty dish. We also had to fit some room in for dessert and went for the crème brulee trio, which was very big in size, so could be shared between 3-4 people if you’re already feeling full from main course.

Overall, it exceeded expectations and I would be returning there again.

Great food, ambiance and staff.

• Visited April 2014

Wappingers Falls, New York
“Noisy”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food was great, but the noise level in the restaurant was very loud. It was not a group or the other customer that were loud, it was that the ambient noise was annoying loud. I would not reccomend to anyone who would like to enjoy a conversation during there meal.

Visited April 2014
Key West
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We've been to Nola twice now and both times had some of the greatest food we've ever had. I make a reservation immediately whenever I book my flights to New Orleans - it's a not-to-be-missed place! The service is great, too. It does get loud in there, so know that it won't be a quiet, intimate dinner. We were with friends this trip, so it was perfect for a group.

• Visited April 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Overpriced and Overhyped”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here with our daughter and her fiancé. I understand this is an old standard in the French Quarter and wasn’t always part of the Emeril restaurant chain, but is today. Reservations are a requirement. We were a little early and were seated quickly, and the service was very good. By the time we left the place was packed and terribly noisy. The tables are too close together and it was hard to carry on a conversation. The food itself was good but not great, and we’ve had better food in New Orleans for a lot less money in much more relaxing atmospheres. I think there are better choices in the French Quarter, and my dinner advice is get out of the Quarter anyway – it’s overpriced, overhyped, and overcrowded. You will find much better choices elsewhere in the city.

• Visited May 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Complete dining experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Great menu, food is artfully prepared, service is correct for a dining party, pleasant modern decor. Inventive dishes, with the New Orleans touch. I go back in an instant.

Visited April 2014