“One of the best restaurants to be found in Big Easy”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse's casual and funky eatery in the heart of New Orleans' French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de cuisine Brian Mottola works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef's food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA serves dinner nightly and lunch Thursday through Monday.
Blackheath london
“One of the best restaurants to be found in Big Easy”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Well recommended by a very knowledgeable local resident who accompanied us to NOLA.The food was very good but we made the mistake of being persuaded to err from good practice and went for maitre d suggestion which was not as inspirational as we had hoped.A really nice restaurant a real feeling of activity and high commitment to service and whilst wines were excellent a few listed weren't actually available.As good as most restaurants I frequent in London do try it!

• Visited March 2014

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Oh my Lord...wonderful cuisine!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

First, the friendly, professional service was spot on. Great suggestions on the food, I rode our servers suggestions from the start and the entire meal was amazing. The stuffed wings were sooo unique and the taste was incredible. The Drum fish dish blended a beautifully flaky white fish with a sauce, bacon, beans and potatoes that I'd order again in a heartbeat. The Ooey Gooey dessert topped it off. Highly recommend this Nawlins gift. I rarely give any restaurant 5...but they earned it. Thank you.

London, United Kingdom
“Glamorous dining in New Orleans”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Amazing food, great service and good wine. I went for a special meal with family who live locally and it was fantastic.

Good meat and vegetarian options - i had a portobello mushroom dish and it was excellent. I have put family visit as it was, but it isn't for children.

• Visited August 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Will return, time and time again.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

What went from a party of 1, then to 3, then to 5; we were that ever growing, incredibly obnoxious group that is every waiter/waitresses nightmare. And NOLA handled us flawlessly.

I regretfully admit that I forgot our waitresses name (Alyssa? Alexa?) but she was friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and efficient. Her two side kicks were also fine-tuned, and have a bright future there.

My favorite part (aside from the INCREDIBLE food, never-empty drinks, fresh baked bread, and overall cleanliness and presentation) was the pizza chef. We chose to sit at the bar, and had front row seats to his INCREDIBLE attention to detail, and got to talk with him as he shared his passion for food, New Orleans and people. I wish I got his name; he MADE the experience. Additionally, the gentleman who appeared to be the manager was SO personable and sincere. He greeted us when we walked in, and wished us farewell as we left. He also checked up on us twice during our meal, and was genuinely attentive to our needs, and making sure we were satisfied.
So incredibly wonderful, as we were all 24-28yr old young professionals; all future Hospitality and Restaurant Managers. He is a man I will model my managerial style after.

Prices were reasonable,
Food was INCREDIBLE,
Service was unbeatable.

Will return for the people and service, and order an entree and dessert while I'm there.

Thank you, NOLA! You're doing it right!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“This is what New Orleans is all about!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Oh the service! Oh the food! NOLA is busy and crowded but the staff handles each guest with such courtesy and calm. We never felt rushed and never had to wait for our food. The food was amazing with such variety and visual appeal. The desserts were all so interesting that it was hard to choose just one. We also had some of the best coffee I have ever tasted. NOLA was the best restaurant we ate at on our trip.

• Visited March 2014