“Fried Chicken from heaven”
Review of Nola Restaurant

Nola Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nola Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 1,963 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Chartres Street
Description: NOLA is chef/restaurateur Emeril Lagasse's casual and funky eatery in the heart of New Orleans' French Quarter. Open since 1992, the critically-acclaimed restaurant fuses traditional Creole, Acadian and Southern cuisine with global influences. Chef de cuisine Brian Mottola works closely with Chef Emeril to create an innovative menu showcasing rustic Louisiana cooking with local ingredients and some ethnic twists. The three-story restaurant features an open-action kitchen, chef's food bar and a signature wood-fired brick oven. NOLA serves dinner nightly and lunch Thursday through Monday.
Fairfield, Maine
“Fried Chicken from heaven”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I am not normally a fried food eater. A friend had been to NOLA and had the fried chicken and was singing it'd praises. I tried it and loved it. My wife was literally "seagulling" my meal. It was a complete role reversal, usually I am "seagulling" her meal! The food was really good, dining area upstairs was a bit noisy and the costs were high but not out of reach.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank joey j

State College, Pennsylvania
“Worth the hype”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was my first visit to an Emeril's restaurant and I appreciate why they are so highly rated. The food was excellent ( I had the Drum; that's a fish ) and service was on a par. It's expensive but worth every cent. The waiters are part of the fun; we had a few photo ops with them and it was clear they enjoyed being in on the fun. Very professional but they have not lost the personal touch.

• Visited January 2014
florida
“Twice in a row”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I visited solo and loved it so much that I brought my colleagues back the next nite. Fried chicken was amazing. "Crab fingers" were unique and delicious. Will definitely return next time I am in the city!

Crestview Hills, Kentucky
“Return visit after many years - not disappointed”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I had eaten at NOLA and other Emeril restaurants several times in the past (always good), so we were initially planning to visit some other spots this trip and give NOLA a pass. So glad we ended up coming here again after all.

The place is always busy, with a vibrant warehouse-industrial feel. Dress is casual to dressy. If you really want to eat here, take the time to make a reservation. I wouldn't recommend trying to walk in.

Despite being quite busy, the wait staff was attentive, efficient, and helpful. We started the meal with delicious craft cocktails, which we "never" do, but we were tempted by a special. The wine list was solid, with lots of options. The food was outstanding. I enjoyed a pork special which was unusual and incredibly delicious.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and we'll certainly be back the next time we're in New Orleans. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GlobeTrotterGuy
Boise, Idaho
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Picked this for a business lunch with colleagues in hopes of memorable food. We tried a couple of shrimp appetizers, one of which was the famed BBQ shrimp. This was not what I expected - rather than BBQ it is basically a black pepper sauce - not what I expected and alright, but not awesome. The sauce was too powerful for any shrimp flavor to come through and was a bit too one note to be really stellar or complex.

The caesar salad was great, and the shrimp and grits and another salad got good reviews from my dining companions. Service was prompt and understated, perfect for a business lunch. Lemon goat cheese ice cream was really very good for dessert, as was the drunken monkey flavor. Overall, very good food, nice, quiet atmosphere and great service.

• Visited January 2014